Strat bridge and Lil '59 combo

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by Komodo, May 2, 2019.

1. Komodo

Komodo TDPRI Member

In an effort to use up spare parts, I'm thinking of building a guitar with a Seymour Duncan Lil '59 Tele pickup in the bridge and a BK Mother's Milk strat pickup in the neck. But the Mother's Milk is actually a bridge pickup (6.5kΩ DCR). I'd use this guitar mostly for blues/country/classic rock.

Does anyone have experience with:
    a) using a strat bridge pickup in the neck position? (in terms of tone. I know some routing work would need to be done). Is the magnet spacing the same for neck and bridge pickups?
    b) wiring options for a Lil '59? I might include a coil split. How would this pair with the Mother's Milk?

Thanks =)

2. Komodo

Komodo TDPRI Member

Ok thanks for the input. I think I'll go ahead with it.

3. AJBaker

AJBaker Friend of Leo's

You'll be fine. I think that set is fairly low output, and would work in any position (old fashioned strat sets didn't even have different outputs for each position).

4. Dr Improbable

Dr Improbable Tele-Meister

I put a bridge Lil' 59 in the neck of a Tele and it sounds great. The strings miss the pole pieces a bit, but I'm not sure that matters.

5. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

I have a lil'59 in my classic vibe 50's tele bridge. Great fat sounding pickup that can really scream.

I recently wired a series parallel setup on a chopper t, twang king tele after some much appreciated help on here with how to do it. That works great. You could probably adapt the wiring to suit your needs. Seymour pups have different color codes I think.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 10, 2019
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.