1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Strap preferences?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Itgoesto11, Sep 15, 2020.

1. schmee

schmee Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Thin, flexy, cheap. Most comfy.

2. schmee

schmee Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

That looks interesting, like it may set the guitar a bit toward your picking hand.

Flip G likes this.
  3. dougstrum

dougstrum Tele-Afflicted

Simple leather straps work for me, don't like straps that slip around. Comfortable and last forever. Look good when broken in.

telemaster03 likes this.
  4. Masmus

Masmus Tele-Meister

When I bought my 78 strat new it came with a Fender strap that had rivets which broke within the first week and got my first ding in my guitar. I switched to wide leather straps and never looked back.

5. fjblair

fjblair Tele-Meister

I appreciate matching straps for every guitar and stuff, but I just use whatever is handy, usually leather.

zeke54 likes this.
  6. etype

etype Tele-Afflicted

I have Perri's straps on all but one of my guitars. I like to hold them in my hands before buying and the local GC stocks a wide variety. So far I have always been able to find one that perfectly compliments each guitar. And they mainly range from $20-$30. Couldn't ask for anything more.

7. Robert H.

Robert H. Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

I really like Italia Leather Straps. They advertise 2&1/2 or 4 inch straps, but I had them make a 3 inch strap - no upcharge - and I'm loving it. Soft, strong, good-looking.

Tele56 and bullfrogblues like this.
  8. scottser

scottser Friend of Leo's

Black leather straps on my black electric guitars and brown leather straps on my acoustic instruments.
    Sorted.

9. Sconnie

Sconnie Tele-Afflicted

5/8" Levy's leather, the M25 "rockabilly" style but I toss the useless shoulder pad.

Ah to be young :)

10. Fuelish

Fuelish Tele-Meister

foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, east TN
    I dunno if ya mean type or brand of traps, I prefer fairly wide suede for most of my "heavier" guitars - have one pretty wide padded "garment leather." Fender strap I used to use for my Les Paul....now my Tele wears it (heavier than I expected for a Thinline)... I think I have Levys and Perris....the Fender strap looks like it might be a Levys

11. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965 Tele-Holic

I've got a thin Tweed strap for my (light) Classic 50s and a 3" wide padded black leather one for my Esquire (which is heavy). The Tweed is a Fender one, the 3" wide is a handmade one from a UK supplier Pinewood, so it's nice to support a local business (for me anyway).

DDickens likes this.
  12. Fretting out

Fretting out Poster Extraordinaire

50’s style straps are my favorite, I use these, the Gibson one is expensive but makes guitars feel weightless

85D2AC5A-E362-44D1-BD4A-07F653F9BBA2.jpeg 21521F81-BCE4-41F8-AD51-420E60188740.jpeg 19796C99-A25B-436C-99E0-E8DC66DC965C.jpeg

13. Flip G

Flip G Tele-Meister

Walter Trout just turned 69. That's sexy on top of sexy.
    (This post was supposed to quote the comment by https://www.tdpri.com/members/donrichfan.81412/ that Walter Trout made straps that offered back support look sexy, but in the thrill of the moment, I hit the wrong button. Sorry. I'm also terrible at making jokes on social media. But I do slay at dinner parties. Honest I do.)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
  14. Roman4405

Roman4405 Tele-Meister

I have a souldier strap for one of my Teles, I love it. It was the only one I used on guitar for a while. Then I get a Levy’s leather one as a Christmas gift, that’s on another Tele and last year I got real nice leather one from Anthology that’s in the last Tele, still a little stiff but it looks killer and will break in very nice. I might pick up another Souldier for my acoustic, they just feel great, much better than some others that go for the same look IMO. I kinda like having a different strap for each guitar, three teles and they all feel different for some reason.

Itgoesto11 likes this.
  15. ezpickins

ezpickins TDPRI Member

I’ve always used black Ernie Ball, but thought this ASAT deserved something different so I went with a Jacquard Ernie Ball

Attached Files:

Fearnot and 61fury like this.
  16. strat56

strat56 Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Brookwood Leather, great guy, great prices for custom made straps. Makes all leather straps, cut to length and adjustable. Since I use the same length strap regardless of guitar, the cut to length work great for me, I have 3 of them.

http://www.brookwoodleather.com/

17. Riggz

Riggz NEW MEMBER!

I use walker and Williams, handmade affordable and a great selection of straps! From my fenders, to my gibsons, and Wylde audio. Comfortable sturdy and long lasting.

18. loopfinding

loopfinding Tele-Holic

3.5 inch suede straps. I have a Perri's right now. Good weight distribution, grippy to prevent neck dive, and thick enough that it won't fall off the strap buttons. I don't like strap locks and I've had one too many accidents with your standard nylon strap with the thin leather ends. Thin straps are fine on some hollowbodies, but standing with a 335 or a heavy tele for an hour is not my idea of fun, no matter how cool and vintage it looks.

19. mkdaws32

mkdaws32 Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

Fender woven cloth.

20. The Angry Possum

The Angry Possum Tele-Holic

Levy's Straps. Amazingly comfortable and affordable too.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.