Strap locks for AM Pro II Tele

AAT65

Poster Extraordinaire
I have Schallers on my two American Fenders (they came with the Elite Tele, so I fitted them and liked them, I bought the ones on the Jazzmaster). However you do need to check that the nut that holds the lock onto the strap stays fight: they will walk. I have a spanner in my guitar kit so it's an easy thing to check and correct any time I'm playing.
The straps stay on the guitar most of the time but I have to take them off to put the guitars in their cases. I don't think that's a problem.
The rest of my guitars had these Fender strap block washers on them for the last 5 years. For some reason one - only one! - of the washers went brittle and snapped. I replaced it with the stopper washer from a bottle of olive oil:).

KATT

Tele-Holic
Platinum Supporter
However you do need to check that the nut that holds the lock onto the strap stays fight: they will walk.

I have experienced that in the past but use Loctite to prevent this. It's a liquid that goes on the thread and when dry, locks the nut on. However, the nut can still be removed with use of a spanner, after which more loctite will need to be applied. Be sure to get the non permanent version!

packshot-front-teaser-us-loctite-threadlocker-blue242-teaser-1280x1280.jpg

Apparently, clear nail varnish works just the same.

somebodyelseuk

Tele-Meister
Last time I bought a US, non-RI Fender, it came with Schallers. I take it they don't fit 'em at the factory, anymore?
Schallers for gigging guitars. I don't bother on the rest.

kneedtospeed

TDPRI Member
Loxx
Stainless steel balls, not soft plated.
Very Low profile, and secure.
I’ve got Schaller S1’s too, but they’re as long as antennas!

Last edited:

ronmail65

TDPRI Member
On the basis of this thread I tried the rubber bottle washers (never heard of them before). Feeling so good about them I have been changing away from Schallers. The washers are very low profile and I feel quite confident in them. Thanks for whoever suggested these!

Last edited: