STRANGEST THING YOU SAW WHILE DRIVING

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by FenderGyrl, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Lonn

Lonn Friend of Leo's

Driving across the GW bridge on the south side DC back in the early 90s. Car in front of me had a mattress tied to the top, of course it came loose and flew right over the edge into the Potomac.

Torren61 likes this.
  2. robt57

robt57 Telefied Ad Free Member

On a trip from Atlanta north via the I-75 Corridor thru Marrietta to Chattanooga.

I had a Flextone XL laying flat in the New Beetle, rear seat folded flat. The 80 MPH moving parking lot with little separation, et al.

As I look in my mirror I see a Toyota coming up from behind, slicing and dicing the moving car park @ 90+ if I am guessing. He comes across our rear left to right and in fact I had some paint disturbance on the right rear bumper cover when I checked.

Well as he went by our right side and went to come across our front he did a little swerve and I think he decided there was not enough space between us and the car at front of us.
    So he yanks and banks to attempt to go left across 2 cars up.

All we see at this point is his car perpendicular square across our/middle lane in front of the car in front of us. Traveling @ speed with the flo sliding sideways. Luckily we did not wear the Flextone XL. Time stood still for what seemed like 10 seconds or more, which was probably 2-3, I lost my sense of hearing and all I felt was the pulsating ABS in the Brake Pedal as super slo-mo was occurring....

Suddenly the sideways car hooks up, and shoots like a rocket across the left lane where by the grace of God there was a space between skidding cars to an eye of the needle left pass thru. All I saw was him shoot like a bullet straight left onto the grass and then hit the concrete abutment head on, the huge cement base for one of those huge interstate road signs that hangs over the roadway.

The back of the car lifts 4-5' and rotates, as we go by still in an ABS exercise... and I thought he was going to ricochet back into traffic, but just did a single bounce off the ground and land stopped.

We pulled to the shoulder, but were 1/2 mile up the road before we could do so. Every car was stopped and I am sure a backup for miles ensued. An also stopped guy standing next [we were all stopped at this point] to me said he was chasing him because he had got clipped on the Toyota fly by a few miles back. My wife grabbed me pulling me to the car saying let's go. Because she knew by my by body language I was about to lay this jerk out for almost killing us, or being causal at a minimum....

Torren61 likes this.
  3. robt57

BTW, as some of you know. If you have friends/family in Russia or the Emirates, etc These driving stories are in a continuous loop and not just occasional...

LocoTex likes this.
  4. teleman1

teleman1 Tele-Afflicted

Right after 9-11, we had a baseball game here in Phoenix. I happened to be driving toward the stadium about 9-10 miles out. I see something in the the sky. I knew what it was, but I didn't know what it was. Seeing it for the first time live over a mountain pass and over suburbia, I thought it was some strange kite. And when I realized what it was, I was mesmerized. It did a tight 360 in the sky. And went off to the side. I drove up near my home and saw people out of their car looking up. I pulled over got out. Looked up. And that sucker was flying low and the quiet was frighting. But it seemed to cruise over my street following it. Then zoomed away and I turned the radio on and heard them announce the fly over within a minute. That space vehicle has some moves.

[​IMG]

Matt G, Wildcard_35, Moriarty and 2 others like this.
  5. lammie200

lammie200 Tele-Afflicted

Besides myself riding in groups of 300+ vintage Italian scooter riders several times, I saw a guy riding a motorcycle sitting on his surfboard going through a toll booth and subsequently crossing the SF Bay Bridge. Hamstrings looked like they would be uncomfortable. Also, I once saw the Oscar Meyer Hot Dogmobile hit a parking lot headache bar and sustain a fair amount of damage.

Torren61 likes this.
  6. ClashCityTele

ClashCityTele Tele-Holic

2 camels & some llamas in a field in North Yorkshire, England. They caused a 5 mile traffic jam. I've just googled them & they belong to Mainsgill Farmshop.

7. cm3ohana

cm3ohana TDPRI Member

79A2AADE-F18B-42BA-BEA5-AEEAD0BFCB7B.jpeg This car drove by me on the highway...it had so much bird poop on it that the windows were cloudy

Torren61 likes this.
  8. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

One time when I was little I was with my family going over the pass to Santa Cruz on Highway 17. I looked over and saw a family standing around their car, a Renault Dalphine. There were flames coming out of the engine compartment.

I'm sure there have been more, but that's what comes to mind at the moment.

Torren61 likes this.
  9. Wally

Wally Telefied Ad Free Member

A motorcyclist texting in city traffic.

LocoTex likes this.
  10. robt57

Just got back from Sacramento/SanFran vacation, I would be posting in this thread/context that I saw 300+ scooters cruise by when I visited SF had I seen that!

Sounds cool as sheit!

11. lammie200

lammie200 Tele-Afflicted

Yeah, unfortunately life got in the way and I haven’t joined up with a rally in a few years. In order to deal with Italian scooters that were built in the ‘60s you need to be a mechanic as well. I was into it until I became a dad.

12. robt57

Look at the thread I just posted: may jazz you if it does not offend. ;)

http://www.tdpri.com/threads/want-boardtrack-replica-electric-racer.953781/

I should add to "I would be posting in this thread/context that I saw 300+ scooters cruise by when I visited"

And post:
    I did see a hundred something bicycles wizz by multiple times on a few Tour of California stages, parts of vacation plan/destinations....

I once saw in one day, more hot rodded and stock Dodge Vipers than I thought could exist go by me during a few hour bike ride on the most northerly section Natchez Trace west of NashVegas...

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    Torren61 likes this.
  13. lammie200

lammie200 Tele-Afflicted

Way cool. Do you have one?

14. MrClint

MrClint Tele-Meister

I saw a highway of diamonds with nobody on it...

Random1643 likes this.
  15. newrider1969

newrider1969 Tele-Holic

I saw a rooster having sex with a duck on my drive home from work

Wildcard_35 and 24 track like this.
  16. memorex

memorex Friend of Leo's

I once saw a bum in the street, pissing with one hand on his d**K, and the other with his thumb out expecting someone to give him a lift.

LocoTex likes this.
  17. getbent

getbent Telefied Ad Free Member

18. blackguts

blackguts Tele-Meister

At an intersection, the lady in the passenger seat in the car across from me punches the driver in the head a couple of times, so he reaches up pulls the rear view mirror off and throws it out window. When the light changes they both notice me watching and they drive off like it never happened.

19. robt57

The thread title starting with "Want' should give it away...

I may cobble something, after about a dozen other projects ahead in a prevarication queue...

20. robt57

That was me and my wife... not actually. ;)

blackguts likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.