Strange day with my sweetie pie.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Yesterday morning my wife says how about we run down to the Skechers store? I want to get me a new pair of shoes. I said okay but was thinking, where on earth will she put another pair of shoes? Anyway, the Skechers store is on a main artery through the city, so we got there and did some shopping. I found an incredible deal on some nice golf shoes, I guess they didn't go over well, and were on sale for fifty bucks. I thought the $130 list price tag was a come on until I looked them up on my phone and sure enough $130 several places on the net.

Sweetie found some stuff, and we left to go to Costco (she wasn't done with me yet) after checking out we tried unsuccessfully for at least ten minutes to get back out on the main artery, so I decided to try and get out the other end of the complex onto a surface street running the opposite direction. Between the left turners off the highway, and the right turners, it took another ten minutes to finally escape the joint.

When we got to the Costco turnoff, we followed one of those extra-large ambulances into the parking lot with the lights on. Found a parking place right across from the front door, but before we could get in the door, a Fire Truck showed up! Sheesh. People were pushing and shoving trying to get into and out of the store. We braved it all and did some shopping, the ambulance people and their charge went right by me no one paid the slightest bit of attention. We made our way through the check out and to the front door to leave. As we were walking to the car, here comes ANOTHER ambulance and Fire Truck! The only thing I can figure is, when the victims got back to the meat department, the prices put 'em in shock, and or gave 'em a heart attack!

dented

Doctor of Teleocity
Gold Supporter
Wow! I can't stand that traffic thing getting in and out of shopping areas. Drives me nuts around here. They don't have any left turn lanes with separate lights at all. One center can have as many as a dozen single lane cars leaving. You wait three turns of the light to get out into heavy traffic. I just say ohmmmmmmm.

schmee

Telefied
Silver Supporter
For the first time recently I was extremely dissatisfied with Costco meat. I bought NY Steak and it's as tough as rubber. Usually their meat is pretty good.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
For the first time recently I was extremely dissatisfied with Costco meat. I bought NY Steak and it's as tough as rubber. Usually their meat is pretty good.
Meat in general seems to be suffering in quality no matter where we get it. Probably be better at a real meat market/butcher shop, but there's really nothing available close around here. We used to shop at a small meat market but its gone.

JL_LI

Poster Extraordinaire
Wives, shoes, and high prices, when will it ever end? Shoes seem to come once a week where I live. My wife always says she sent something back and this is the replacement but you can’t see the floor of her closet for the shoes. Meat? Whole Foods prices have been pretty stable and we buy on sale when possible. My big inflation complaint isn’t meat. A $2/lb. increase is meaningless. Coffee has nearly doubled. Tanzania peaberry was $12.95 last year. Now it’s $20. Maui Red Rooster was $22.95 a year ago. It was $32.95 in November and it’s $39.95 now. And that stuff isn’t available on Amazon. At least Illy is $11.45 for 8.8 oz. I never thought Illy would be the cheap stuff. The biggest problem, though, is the wife. She’s the gatherer to the extreme. She buys way more of everything than necessary. We’ve finally worked down the paper goods pandemic overstock. She still buys more than we need but at least she’s not stocking a fallout shelter anymore. But she took the car, dog, and a cooler is search of food today and came back with more than we can possibly consume before we leave for Hawaii. She’ll be coming back from there with all the coffee and pineapples we can carry. And she’ll buy out Tommy Bahama for good measure. And she has the nerve to ask me why I need so many guitars. :lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Yesterday morning my wife says how about we run down to the Skechers store? I want to get me a new pair of shoes. I said okay but was thinking, where on earth will she put another pair of shoes? Anyway, the Skechers store is on a main artery through the city, so we got there and did some shopping. I found an incredible deal on some nice golf shoes, I guess they didn't go over well, and were on sale for fifty bucks. I thought the $130 list price tag was a come on until I looked them up on my phone and sure enough $130 several places on the net.

Sweetie found some stuff, and we left to go to Costco (she wasn't done with me yet) after checking out we tried unsuccessfully for at least ten minutes to get back out on the main artery, so I decided to try and get out the other end of the complex onto a surface street running the opposite direction. Between the left turners off the highway, and the right turners, it took another ten minutes to finally escape the joint.

When we got to the Costco turnoff, we followed one of those extra-large ambulances into the parking lot with the lights on. Found a parking place right across from the front door, but before we could get in the door, a Fire Truck showed up! Sheesh. People were pushing and shoving trying to get into and out of the store. We braved it all and did some shopping, the ambulance people and their charge went right by me no one paid the slightest bit of attention. We made our way through the check out and to the front door to leave. As we were walking to the car, here comes ANOTHER ambulance and Fire Truck! The only thing I can figure is, when the victims got back to the meat department, the prices put 'em in shock, and or gave 'em a heart attack!
I did a quick Wally World run earlier......traffic was absolutely nuts on the streets AND parking lot.....although I always park at the side of the store. I don't mind walking farther to hopefully protect my car from dings. When I got in the store, though, it wasn't any better. Starting off, there was a guy walking in in front of me, (no cart) and walked right to the threshold of the automatic doors and STOPPED. Not just slowed down to orient himself, but came to an abrupt stop. I said excuse me twice (no reaction) so I finally squeezed past him. (there were other shoppers behind me) Once inside, it was like there was an organized conspiracy to impede me getting anything. Several times, I was on a main aisle and people would rush to cut in front of me and then (again) stop dead. I foolishly try to apply rules of the road in stores, as to who has the "right-of-way" but that wouldn't occur to many. I finally gathered what I wanted, and went to check out. There was a LONG line at the self-check out......luckily, the doofuses in front of me didn't realize Wally has converted several of the formerly "manned" check out lines to self serve, and I dashed over to one that was empty.
Usually I do any shopping early in the day, during the week. (there are a bunch of perks to being retired) Today reminded me WHY I do it then. ;)

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Da womens do like to shop.
I did a quick Wally World run earlier......traffic was absolutely nuts on the streets AND parking lot.....although I always park at the side of the store. I don't mind walking farther to hopefully protect my car from dings. When I got in the store, though, it wasn't any better. Starting off, there was a guy walking in in front of me, (no cart) and walked right to the threshold of the automatic doors and STOPPED. Not just slowed down to orient himself, but came to an abrupt stop. I said excuse me twice (no reaction) so I finally squeezed past him. (there were other shoppers behind me) Once inside, it was like there was an organized conspiracy to impede me getting anything. Several times, I was on a main aisle and people would rush to cut in front of me and then (again) stop dead. I foolishly try to apply rules of the road in stores, as to who has the "right-of-way" but that wouldn't occur to many. I finally gathered what I wanted, and went to check out. There was a LONG line at the self-check out......luckily, the doofuses in front of me didn't realize Wally has converted several of the formerly "manned" check out lines to self serve, and I dashed over to one that was empty.
Usually I do any shopping early in the day, during the week. (there are a bunch of perks to being retired) Today reminded me WHY I do it then. ;)
I gently reminded my wife that SHE was the one that said never go shopping on the Friday, or the weekend. She just gave me a cold glare, and... I changed the subject! ;)

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Here in California, we have probably as high gas prices as just about anywhere in the country, people complain endlessly. However, I think the traffic doubles every time they raise the price of gasoline. Strange phenomenon. The police however did a sting near my house and carried off some of the F-18 pilots and their jets last week so until they bail themselves and their missel launching vehicles out, they'll be off the streets for a few days.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
As much as I miss my wife, I don't miss those excursions that I was always promised would not take that long.
I used to ask my wife if I should take my clubs out of the car when we were going to the store. Oh no, she'd say, I'm just going to pick up a loaf of bread, and maybe some eggs, one or two vegetables at the outside. After many times when I had to pack groceries all over my clubs and the back seat, I don't ask anymore. Going to the store, unpack golf clubs. My wife suffers from the delusion that $300 worth of stuff is a few things. Come to think of it, she's getting closer to being right every day.

Mechanic

Friend of Leo's
As far as beef is concerned, our deli uses beef from out of state suppliers. We just found a locally raised, and butchard supply of Wagu raised locally and ground and formed patties. The taste is better than our former supplier. Tomorrow we’ll try a couple of small stakes. But I’m really looking foreward yo having beef bourgeoisie with a new beer I’ve found locally.
Our traffic situation however is just as sad as everywhere else. This little (?) community we live in has 2 roads in and out to the main hiway that connects to the interstate. 20 years ago I used to come out here to ride dirt bikes and hunt pheasant and quayle. The trails I used to ride on are in back of our house but now are pedestrian and mountain bike trails. What used to take 1/2 hr to get to work at leagle limits now take about 50 min to an hour.
Fuel costs? I can remember pumping premium gas for .39 a gallon but that’s 50 years ago.

String Tree

Doctor of Teleocity
Da womens do like to shop.

I gently reminded my wife that SHE was the one that said never go shopping on the Friday, or the weekend. She just gave me a cold glare, and... I changed the subject! ;)
Even when yer right, yer Wrong.
I feel your Pain.
YEP!!!

trapdoor2

Friend of Leo's
Just got back from Publix...tourist season well underway. Got stuck behind a group reading ingredients and price comparing...buying the cheapest and most tastless crap available. Spending $,$$$.$$ on gasoline but quibbling over the $0.15 cost difference between sliced and block faux cheese.

Blue Crab Fest tonight, Spring Motorcycle Rally all next week. We're in hiding!