So I had this sunset orange telecaster for a while and I wanted to give it new pickups and so I was talking with my brothers who also enjoy changing and upgrading guitars. They tell me they’ve never used the Seymour Duncan hot rails pickups for telecaster and so I figured I’d give em a shot. But then I’m thinking, well if I’m taking everything off I might as well just repaint and upgrade everything. A whole new look and a great experience at that. I take everything apart and do the usual sanding and everything of the sort and I spray paint it dark green. It was the first color I thought of. First dummy problem taking things on my own, didn’t tape the neck slot… cool. Also the way I had it hanging the paint dropped down on one spot but overall I was happy with the paint job. I didn’t even touch the neck cause I have read and watched how tedious it can be and honestly my neck was fine. So I bought gold hardware and an offwhite pearloid pick guard with Gold D’addario auto trim tuners and of course a gold standard tele bridge.. well I had ordered that bridge but was sent a hum bucket bridge so I told them they sent the wrong one and then I received a silver Joe Burden bridge.. okay so I wasn’t that upset cause now I have a bridge to continue this journey. Next problem, bridge didn’t fit the right holes so I had to made new ones. Rough I know. Anyways line the bridge up nicely and mark it. Make my holes. Mount my bridge mistakingly visual information I ****ed up.. joe burdens bridge has the strings running through the back of the guitar with what I now know are called ferrules. Well damn, let’s just send it I guess. Marked my holes for my strings, and drilled out the back. Well next is the problems with the pickups okay so pickup issues with the hot rails pickups for tele. The pick guard wasn’t too much of a hassle but the bridge was a different story. The pickup slots for the bridge and pick guard are oval and the hot rails pickup is more of a rectangular shape so I had to sand my pick guard down to fit the “corners” of the pickup and then the bridge… yeah sand paper wasn’t gunna work for that one so ya see where I’m getting at haha fortunately after a couple hours of frustration I was able to grind he down safely the pickup slot and run a magnet over my bridge to get any loose metal out and a good rubbing down. Mounted my bridge and my pickups and strung everything and have identified my issues. -neck part needs to either be sanded or possibly just shimmed to stop the slight buzzing on most all my frets. -need to install ferrules -don’t rush part selection and be very precise with what you need. for my future of the guitar after encountering everything I’m still going to be installing a momentary switch on the control plate between the volume and tone knob as a kill switch. Then everything will be complete and I can post a picture for you guys!