$#!+ storm warning - St. Vincent coming to my neck of the woods

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by ndeli55, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Chuckster

Chuckster Tele-Holic

Again, I admitted up front that I was a bit thin-skinned about the photo she posted...

She has the right to post whatever she wants.

I also have the right to not look at it or support her in any way.

I do love the guitar though... kinda wished they did something equally angular with the headstock though.

2. Lefty Addams

Lefty Addams Tele-Afflicted

Great news! Annie is very talented imo, hope you enjoy, she'll be amazing live I reckon.

ndeli55 likes this.
  3. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Telefied Ad Free Member

Yep - totally right about the headstock.

I wonder if that was an Ernie Ball thing though. Like do what you want but the headstock has to be constant throughout our whole line ?

From a design standpoint though, it’s not right And as particular as she is about visuals I’m highly doubtful that was her decision

4. idjster

idjster VERY grateful member Silver Supporter

+1
    It's nice to see a new design that isn't just a pointy guitar. I look at the new guitars that come out every year and I think that the Les Paul, Tele and Strat are the only designs ever made, other than pointy shredders. Yeah, I guess they're iconic and all, but when I nice design comes along I keep hoping it gets popular. We need more John Backlunds...

Geoff738, Jakedog and Chuckster like this.
  5. lucidspoon

lucidspoon Tele-Meister

I'd like to see her. My boss has seen her a ton, and actually just went to one of her shows a couple weeks ago.

6. Ex-riverman

Ex-riverman Tele-Holic

Thanks! I’m good on guitars this year and I may have to hold out for the Ernie version. It’s a 5-10 year plan!

Nickadermis and 6BQ5 like this.
  7. bottlenecker

bottlenecker Friend of Leo's

I saw her 9 or 10 years ago in a smallish venue. I wish I could go back and see it again, I really liked how her guitar sounded. But I'm sure her current deal is fun. Hope I get to see it.

8. gtrjunior

gtrjunior Tele-Holic

Her music does nothing for me. I think it’s great that she uses the guitar to create her craft etc but for me, I find her music boring.

9. bottlenecker

bottlenecker Friend of Leo's

Maybe the Bo guitar would look at the St Vincent guitar and say "you been eating regular, huh?".
    And you're sure it's not a Lady Bo guitar?

Jakedog likes this.
  10. Jakedog

Jakedog Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Admittedly, I live in a hole
    In the ground. Far beneath a big rock.

I had no idea St. Vincent was a band, or that the St. Vincent guitar was a sig model for this Annie character. Or that she even existed. Never heard of her, the band, or the music until this thread.

I have wanted one of those guitars since I first saw one at a GC. Didn't play it or look it up, cause it was way out of my price range. But I thought it looked cool as hell and immediately wanted one.

Now that I know who she is, and have seen her play and sing thanks to the wonders of this here Internet thingy...

Yep. I still want one.

11. ndeli55

ndeli55 Tele-Afflicted

The sterling version is very affordable. I handled one and it needed a set up bad, so I've no idea how good or bad the budget version is. It feels good across the lap, the neck is pretty thin for my tastes.

Jakedog likes this.
  12. Jakedog

Jakedog Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I just looked up the Sterling. I didn't know about that, ether.

I've been pretty impressed with some of the sterling basses, and the Sterling Petrucci I played was rather tempting. I'll definitely test drive one if I see one. I really just dig the heck out of the design.

FenderGyrl likes this.
  13. ndeli55

ndeli55 Tele-Afflicted

Oh, I love the very vintage tiesco style design too. Its shaped like a lady, and you know I like that. Be careful not to judge it's potential on the current set-up

Jakedog likes this.
  14. sockgtr

sockgtr Tele-Meister

I tested one of those guitars out at GC a while back cause it sure looks cool as hell. Alas, it didn't fit how I hold guitars, i.e. it seemed to me a lot like an explorer, which is not my thing. I also didn't care for the mini-hums, but then I've never met a humbucker I've liked.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.