Stones fans- Brian Jones biopic coming in March

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by BLACKCAT69, Jan 29, 2006.

1. BLACKCAT69

BLACKCAT69 Friend of Leo's

2. shakedancer

shakedancer Tele-Afflicted

Interesting!! And I do believe he was murdered!! :(

3. DlxNashvilleLuvr

DlxNashvilleLuvr Tele-Holic

Wow, did you guys watch the trailer? This movie looks phenomenal! Look out "Ray" and "Walk the Line!"

4. KokoTele

KokoTele Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

You really thought so? If the monologue for the trailer is any indication of what the script's like, it's got all the makings of a really mediocre made for TV movie.

5. DlxNashvilleLuvr

DlxNashvilleLuvr Tele-Holic

I liked it. I don't understand why this seems to be going out in limited release, with my town last on the list. Maybe word will get out and it'll get wider, faster distribution.

I think I'm going to go listen to "High Tides and Green Grass" right now.

6. BLACKCAT69

I'm trying to remain objective about it but I had a similar feeling. I'll probably try to see it regardless. Since I was a kid I've had a huge fascination with that era of the Stones' career. What's next? Keith Moon? Oh yeah...Austin Powers is already on it! ;) Hehe!

7. eggman

eggman Friend of Leo's

Can't wait to see it!

Howdy,

I viewed the trailer, photos, et al and think it'll be quite entertaining, and controversial. Apparantly nobody liked Brian from within, not after 1965 when he let it all go to his head.

I'm a huge 'Stones fan and something of a 'Stones afficianado. I'm looking forward to catching it at the theatres when it comes to Shreveport, La.
    For sure, Brian was not only the most talented musically, but clearly the most photogenic-according to John Lennon! People tend to foget that his parents were Piano teachers, for Pete's sake! Brian could play any instrument.
    The costumes and wigs were pretty accurate. OK,OK, so the facial features of the remaining 'Stones aren't terribly accurate. The guy playing Charlie is a riot! He looks more like his character than any other. I'll reserve further jusgements until I see this highly anticipated flick!

Eggman

8. Geo

Geo Friend of Leo's

The book "Stone Alone" by Bill Wyman is good to
    get an accurate perspective on Brian and his time with
    the Stones and after.
    Think Bill was the closest person to him in the Stones.

9. sticko

sticko Tele-Meister

They don't call it the Bluff City for nothin'
    Which is pretty much what Ray would have been minus Jamie Foxx.

10. Heather Anne Peel

Heather Anne Peel Friend of Leo's

Classic Stones Tunes Mandatory!

It looks like it will be cool, but my concern is there won't be any Jagger/Richards songs in it. Not sure if they were able to get the rights for those, and there's none in the clip. To accurately tell the story would be impossible without tracks like "The Last Time", "Satisfaction", "Get Off Of My Cloud", "19th Nervous Breakdown", etc.. Regardless of how well acted and how much the actors look like the Stones, the Stones songs are crucial. Otherwise, I don't think the film will work, no matter how good it is.
    8) Heather

11. eggman

eggman Friend of Leo's

Without hits it's an uphill battle

Howdy,

Heather has a point. Without all those classic hits, the film may have all the impact of a Tercel in 3rd gear. Apprantly they're able to use "Time is on My Side", and "Not Fade Away".
    W'ere likely to get a good dose of Chuck Berry songs..even the 'Stones version of "Come On" never did much for me.
    It would've been fun to see Keith and Mick rehearsing an embryonic version of "The Last Time" on acoustic guitars and getting to hear Brian contribute that AWESOME riff. BTW, Phil Spector himself helped out on that song, which may explain why the electric guitars sound HUGE on that track! I'll still be one of the first in line when it comes to Shreveport, La.

Eggman

12. BLACKCAT69

13. Skully

Skully Doctor of Teleocity

Jones was a talented musician, although a bit of a dilettante. He could pick up any instrument and get something good out of it quickly, but he never got into anything too deeply. And his downfall was that he was not a songwriter. Mick and Keith had it. He did not.

There would not have been a Rolling Stones without Brian. He was their leader in the beginning. He was older and much more experienced. I believe he already had at least one illegitimate child when they formed.

I've read a biography about Jones ("Golden Stone"), numerous ones about the band and Wyman's "Stone Alone." The bottom line is, he was a selfish, immature little jerk, and that's being kind. He cheated the band out of earnings when they were starting out, which they never forgave him for. He treated his numerous women shoddily, to put it mildly. He brutally beat Anita Pallenberg and probably others that we don't know about. That alone earns him a one way ticket to Hell in my book.

14. 68tele

68tele Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

He may have been a jerk (dunno, never knew him, 'twas way before my time) but his slide solo on 'I wanna be your man' kicks ass, not to mention his single note lines on 'Get Offa my cloud', recorder on 'Ruby Tuesday', etc...Creative, tragic dude.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.