Stew Mac - The Spam That Doesn't Stop

zimbo

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
I ordered something years ago and stopped the spam back then. Yet they still keep starting it up again after however many months and it's been going on for years. When you get the spam you can't just click Unsubscribe. You have to contact the company by phone or email. What a pain. WTF is wrong with these people?

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Everyone I do business with shares all of my information with everyone who has access to a phone or email. I get pleas for cash daily. I get business opportunities that only I and fifty-eight million other people have a chance at. My car insurance people want to help me with every aspect of my life and can get me a better deal on ANYTHING I might conceivably ever need.

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I get an email daily ( at least one) from just about everyone I've ever made 1 purchase from, even years ago

I basically 'unsubscribe' from those no reason to buy from again, but put up with the others-
delete any previous old emails, keep the one current one, just incase I wanna make a purchase...

I know this is neurotic, but it's a procedure!

RodeoTex

Doctor of Teleocity
StewMac used to be about the only place to order guitar parts.
Crappy pots and crappy fretwire, thank goodness the internet came along.
They create a ton of expensive tools for non-problems.
I haven't been there in years.

That Cal Webway

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Stew-Mac snd I went to the prom...
but never again!!

A real tool I tell ya! Expensive date
$$

stxrus

Poster Extraordinaire
I just move them to the junk/spam folder. Once reported as Spam they go into the folder and I never have to see them again

Boreas

Poster Extraordinaire
Oddly, I order from them regularly and rarely get emails from them. HOWEVER, if you order from them, every time you order, when you are checking out there is a small agreement to get emails that is checked by default. If you don't remember to uncheck it, emails start instantly. I order so much stuff that I uncheck it by habit. But if you order from them, this could be the reason they keep coming back.

TomBrokaw

Tele-Meister
I get an email daily ( at least one) from just about everyone I've ever made 1 purchase from, even years ago

I basically 'unsubscribe' from those no reason to buy from again, but put up with the others-
delete any previous old emails, keep the one current one, just incase I wanna make a purchase...

I know this is neurotic, but it's a procedure!
I used to do that with several vendors, until I realized I hadn't purchased anything from them in years, and I could easily find them again if I needed to. Just unsubscribe to everything, it'll make your life a little better.

WalthamMoosical

Tele-Afflicted
Ad Free Member
Of all the things in life that annoy me, unwanted emails don't rank that high. I click on it once to select it, then click somewhere else to delete it, and I don't let the sender live rent-free in my head.

bumnote

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
The problem with "unsubscribe" with some sites is that it verifies that the email address is valid and active...like replying "stop" to spam texts, they know they've hit a active number.
Emails get sent to the spam folder and I hit block for spam texts.

Peegoo

Doctor of Teleocity
Set up your email to automatically move the Stooge Mac spam to your Junk folder.

Holy shmoly! It's been a while since I've been to their Website. It's way different.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stooge-Mac.jpg