Steven Tyler in rehab

Vibroluxer

Tele-Afflicted
Heal quickly.

andy__d

Tele-Meister
Sorry to hear this: hope he’s better soon.

there have been a few Vegas residencies cancelled recently: Aerosmith, Adel, Britney, Kiss, Celine Deon - makes you wonder if preparing for one of these shows is unduly stressful for the artists?

tap4154

Doctor of Teleocity
They said after foot surgery and pain medications...

Man, I lived in the seventies, and I tried a lot of stuff, but the one thing I avoided like the plague was opioids. I've never had one in my life, and hope I never have to, unless I'm on my deathbed.

I wish him the best of luck.

StratDal

Tele-Afflicted
Hopefully he'll do the free world a favor and just stay in rehab. He'll get three hots and a cot. Maybe even a decent view from the location. He'll be set for life.

Ian T

Tele-Afflicted
Wouldn't we all love to be a multi-millionaire, have our art appreciated by millions, run into loving fans anywhere we go, a legacy of art that most could only dream of, a life where money is never an issue, financial stability to the point you are beholden to nobody, ability to provide for our kids, vacation wherever we want, housekeepers, and more?

So many musicians that achieve the 99.999 percentile of success just end up hardcore drug addicts, beholden, miserable. Name me one musician who never was an addict and I'll show you 100 at their level that were. It's weird. Almost all of the icons are, or have gone through long stretches as complete messes.

Yet we still want that fame and fortune. It's like its wired in. Despite any rational assessment shows it is not what we think it will be.

Vibroluxer

Tele-Afflicted
Wouldn't we all love to be a multi-millionaire, have our art appreciated by millions, run into loving fans anywhere we go, a legacy of art that most could only dream of, a life where money is never an issue, financial stability to the point you are beholden to nobody, ability to provide for our kids, vacation wherever we want, housekeepers, and more?

So many musicians that achieve the 99.999 percentile of success just end up hardcore drug addicts, beholden, miserable. Name me one musician who never was an addict and I'll show you 100 at their level that were. It's weird. Almost all of the icons are, or have gone through long stretches as complete messes.

Yet we still want that fame and fortune. It's like its wired in. Despite any rational assessment shows it is not what we think it will be.
Angus Young, Springsteen, Zappa, Bob Seger. Not an expert! Just what I think I remember reading.

Edited to add: KISS! 😎

Last edited:

haggardfan1

Friend of Leo's
I hope he can beat this. Aerosmith is one of the few bands whose songs I like without exception; I can't think of a single one that would make me change the station.

I've heard an interview or two with Tyler that I enjoyed as well.

I only wish him the best in treatment, and hopefully, recovery. I know it's insanely difficult.

Last edited:

Kandinskyesque

Tele-Afflicted
A therapist (also in recovery) told me when I was in rehab that recovery is for that day only.
When I go to bed at night after a clean and sober day, to remember that the addiction is doing push-ups at the side of the bed. I might get stronger with each day of abstinence but so also does the addiction.
In other words (regarding alcohol), alcohol comes in bottles but alcoholism comes in people.

Anybody I know who has gone back to their substance has reached rock bottom at a very alarming rate. I've known a couple of folk who were 10-15 years clean and sober on a Thursday, drinking and drugging on a Friday and dead by Sunday.

I'm just glad Steve has managed to get into rehab before it got too late.
I hope he gets back in the saddle soon, recovery isn't a destination.

GBfun

TDPRI Member
As a hack songwriter and high tenor type myself, I can really appreciate the well crafted Aerosmith songs I hear on the radio, and am in awe of the incredible vocal chops Steven has.

And after all those years of hard living and singing, it's even MORE amazing that someone would, and could, even THINK to attempt...singing at that level at age 74, night after night !

The guy is a rock star, to me, without a doubt.

And those songs are about as well crafted as they come.

(and to my eyes, so is his daughter ;)

So, get well Steven, warm up that voice, and bring it as long as you can !

That is the most fun thing to do with your clothes on, right ?

I'd think so... ;)

Skub

Poster Extraordinaire
He must have some constitution!

I was 64 when I cleaned up my act,mainly because I felt rubbish all the time. To be still doing that at 74 shows some level of endurance!

I wish him all the best,it's great being clean.

Tonetele

Doctor of Teleocity
To join anentity that requires your services you owe it to others to meet those rquirements. That is not to be in a posiyion where you are unreliable. It's sipimply unfair on others.
I hope he is successful in his treatment but should not have put himself, and others ,i.e. the band, in the position they are now in. They're losing money and many others who work in the industry of touring.
I wish him a successful recovery. Keith Urban did it.