1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Steve Perry solo is disappointing...

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by Cadillac_Mike, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Cadillac_Mike

Cadillac_Mike Tele-Meister

One of my favorite things to do is check out obscure stuff from popular albums/artists, more the b-side type stuff you never hear on the radio. Journey is my favorite band and "Oh Sherrie" is one of my all-time favorites as well, so I thought there'd likely be some diamond in the rough songs on "Street Talk" by Perry solo. Oh gawd, just complete "phone it in" filler crap. Perry even sounds so uninspired vocally on a lot of it like he's actually downplaying his own ability. The production and structure on "Oh Sherrie" is some of the best I've ever heard and I know there was that other big hit. Other than that though, they really phoned it in :rolleyes:. I actually love a lot of "bad in a good way" type 80's songs but it doesn't even have that, just bland, boring uninspired :(.

2. Guitardvark

Guitardvark Tele-Afflicted Platinum Supporter

ahh and then it comes to mind that perry got replaced by a pinoy karoake king

3. Cadillac_Mike

Cadillac_Mike Tele-Meister

Saw him live, he was amazing...almost nailed all the old parts just didn't quite have the soul.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.