Stereo Modeller for Recording

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by Grandy, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Grandy

Grandy Tele-Meister

I might be looking for a modelling amp I can use with my stereo pedals. So it needs to have stereo ins and outs and possibly but not necessarily be used as an interface. Would it work if there only were stereo effects loops? I could put modulation, delay and reverb there and mono drive pedals in front. I know there is Eleven Rack, but what else is there, that doesn't cost a zillion (like kempers and such)?

2. Digital Larry

Digital Larry Tele-Afflicted

I have an Eleven. They are pretty cheap these days although it's big, heavy, and rack mounted. I just use it in my (cough) studio so none of that matters.

The follow on to the Eleven is the Headrush Pedalboard. Those come in cheaper than the Kempers. If I weren't pretty happy with the Eleven already I'd probably get one. I don't know much about the other brands.

3. codamedia

codamedia Friend of Leo's

Down the path of the Eleven Rack you could also look at a used Line 6... either the HD Rack or HD500(x).... even an X3 Pro or X3 Live.

For current technology the Headrush, HX Stomp or Helix LT are lower cost alternatives to the Fractal, Kemper or even Helix Floor models.

4. TX_Slinger

TX_Slinger TDPRI Member

Or for about $100 used you could get a DigiTech RP360 which also is its own stereo DI. Doesn't have downloadable IR's but the cab sims are much better than what is found in YouTube reviews. The Factory patches suck and all the reviewers ran with the stock ones. If you dig into YT for music "created on rp360" you hear some pretty good stuff made using it direct....for example...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.