1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Stephen Stills

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by Dan R, Mar 19, 2019.

1. nomadh

nomadh Tele-Afflicted

The first song I was ever able to sing and play and stand how it sounded.
    I've seen him in some config or another 10 maybe 15 times. Certainly more than anyone else. It was a standing date with me and my dad as we both love him. I was really sad the last time I saw stills a few years ago he was losing his voice and it was getting worse. I realized it wasnt just being tired or sick when he recorded sounding that way the last few years. I will be ever thankful that me and my dad caught him at the grove in LA at the start of a new tour rested and sounding nearly as good as his 69 roll the tape demo we listed to on the way up. I had to get up and stand at the side as I could not stay seated. It was only months later in csn it seemed the beginning of the end.

Every so often I can get on a stills jag that can last a month.
    Its become a tradition to cruise down the river in my little boat listening to manassas. Turns out my dad came to the same conclusion for boat music with neither of us talking about that album for 20 years.

Stills is the greatest singer songwriter ever and the meat in the greatest vocal harmony group ever.
    CSN 1st album was my 1st favorite album at 5 yrs old and I still stop and listen everytime wooden ships comes on like it's the first. I want that song at my funeral.

Matt G likes this.
  2. nomadh

nomadh Tele-Afflicted

Yup, shivers

3. drmmrr55

drmmrr55 Tele-Holic

As I said in a previous post, my favorite tune of his is this version of "Treetop Flyer". It show some of his mastery as an acoustic guitar player. Not that he's not also a great electric player, but to me, he's more about his music as a whole, rather than showing off as a lead guitarist.

boris bubbanov likes this.
  4. Fenderdad1950

Fenderdad1950 Tele-Afflicted

Such good memories .. CSN&Y:D

brookdalebill and P Thought like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.