1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Steel guitar convention?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by racehorse, Sep 1, 2005.

1. racehorse

racehorse Tele-Meister

Anybody going, I haven`t been in 6 yrs , but going Fri and Sat.

2. T Prior

T Prior Poster Extraordinaire

I can't attend this year...

But you will see Paul Franklin doing a 1 hour set on Saturday night...

This is big.....

It's as big as Buddy Emmons opening the convention a few years back and Loyd Green coming out to play at the same show ...

I wonder if PF will bring a few of his NVille sidekicks with him..one never knows 'till it's showtime...

have fun

t

3. Chris S.

Chris S. Asst. Admin

One of the highlights of my musical life to date: I was priveleged and honored to be asked by the late great Jimmy Day to back him up there in St. Louis in 1982, the year he was being inducted into the Steel Guitar Hall of Fame. But that same year there was also a "young guy" (! - hee) named Paul Franklin who wow'd everyone with his set. :) I remember he played the absolute coolest reharmonized jazz version of "If I Only Had a Brain" you ever heard. :)

Yeah, I hear he got's this one friend named Brett or Brent sumpin-or-other who's supposed to be kinda not-too-bad at pickin' on his battleship gray Telecaster... ;-) Hehe. CS

4. racehorse

racehorse Tele-Meister

TO Bad you can`t be there.

Last time I was there Jeff Newman was honerd , and He and Paul Franklin did a show together.

That year for me Buddy Charlton, was the most captivating, he just tore it up.

Hal Rug ,was also great , excellent tone. too bad he is no longer with us.

I` ll give ya a report when I get back

thanks , and have a good weekend

5. fergy

fergy TDPRI Member

steel guitar convention.....St. Louis

A brother of mine has the big stage this year Dan Hullihen, he also has the Peavey room. He'll have 2 side kicks with him on stage, Del Short and Mike kile also very good players. If its not a inconveinence tell us how they do . Thanks .......fergy :D

6. Silverface

Silverface Poster Extraordinaire Platinum Supporter

Be nice if they moved it around. I'll neever get there if it stays in St. Louis.

7. tdowns

tdowns Former Member

I used to go about every other year. The Dallas show has become soooo good, it seems I can't justify the trip.

Now I'm not going this year...
    If Brent Mason shows up with Paul Franklin this year, I will invent my own a$$kicking machine and stand in front of it all day. :oops: :cry:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.