1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Starcaster Modern and Classic Vibe Bridges

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by Peckhammer, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Peckhammer

Peckhammer Tele-Holic

I’ve got two Starcaster re-issues. One is the Fender Modern Player (MP) version, one is the Squier Classic Vibe(CV) version. The bridges do not appear to be interchangeable.

D91E212C-E739-4E2B-9CB0-666EEC69B589.jpeg

Fender Ajustomatic on MP version: 2 7/8” post spacing, 2 1/32” string spacing. (Maybe a tiny bit less on string spacing)

Squier CV Ajustomatic: 2 29/32” post spacing, 2 1/16” string spacing. Everything about the CV bridge makes me think it’s a TOM. It also looks to be nickel. This guitar was purchased brand new from Sweetwater, so less likely to have been changed.

C639CFFA-1279-40C1-BB4A-1F1FAF37053A.jpeg

Anyone have either version and know the bridge dimensions?

Why I am asking:

I just installed CuNiFe WRHBs in the Fender MP. The outside e-strings are not over the poles of the neck pickup. Not even a little bit. Getting another 1/16” on the bridge would get the strings on the edge, at least. Since the CV guitar’s bridge has wider string g spacing, I thought I’d try it but it won’t drop onto the posts.

Further complicating this is a Bigsby. I’d love to find a roller bridge with 2 1/16” string spacing, 2 7/8 post spacing, and a 9.5” radius. Anyone know of one or should I be looking for a Compton?

All opinions and knowledge welcome.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.