1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Star Trek: Enterprise. Season 3 Episode 1

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by 7171551, Dec 3, 2020.

1. 7171551

7171551 Tele-Afflicted

Watched this episode last night- that must be THE best EVER cure for insomnia... :twisted::lol:

Bill and uriah1 like this.
  2. 7171551

7171551 Tele-Afflicted

I could post ONE still from this episode which would lift this thread out of the doldrums immediately.:D

...But I also quite like the idea of owning the only Star Trek thread ever which generated no response, so maybe it should stay cloaked.

3. carpenter

carpenter Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Never saw it.

4. Digital Larry

Digital Larry Friend of Leo's

Is that the one with the... zzzzzz

7171551 likes this.
  5. unixfish

unixfish Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

I finished streaming that series a few weeks ago. I will have to look up what that one was about.

6. unixfish

unixfish Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Oh, yeah. That whole season was a bit contrived. After that, season 4 did not really have "anywhere to go". The series finale was a bit of a "Uhhhh, how should we wrap all this up?" mistake.

Entertaining enough - worth streaming - but I am glad I did not try to watch it week by week when it was on TV.

7171551 likes this.
  7. Toast

Toast Tele-Afflicted

I've been waiting for it to go somewhere, but I fall asleep before anything happens. The next day I restart the episode at the point point where I nodded off, I fall asleep again, the next day . . . Obviously the people assigned the task of producing the show are going through the motions. It's kind of like when there are no customers and nothing to do. Your boss gets irritated and tells everyone to get busy and everybody starts pretending to sweep the floor or straighten the aisles to look busy.

Digital Larry and 7171551 like this.
  8. 7171551

7171551 Tele-Afflicted

Yeah, I started streaming it mainly out of a sense of "completeness" because it just never grabbed me when it was on tv... It's certainly not my fave Star Trek series, but T'Pol is now almost reason enough to watch! :rolleyes:

9. Toast

Toast Tele-Afflicted

I skipped season 1 and 2, for the most part. I was bored with them. I read season 3 was good, but so far I'm watching it as a sleep aid. I haven't seen T'Pol yet. They could use a good vulcan science officer on the show. I'm hoping Tilly is red shirted at some point because I just don't care for that character. The show is brimming with too much compassion in an unbalanced way.

10. SixStringSlinger

SixStringSlinger Friend of Leo's

You're thinking of the current Discovery series. Enterprise takes place ~100 years pre-Kirk and originally aired in the early 2000's.

7171551 and Toast like this.
  11. Toast

Toast Tele-Afflicted

Oh yeah, you're right. Enterprise was hilarious. I watched that one a long time ago. It's the most ridiculous (sort of in a good way) Star Trek series by far. Low budget goodness, imo. If you watch that one expecting drama or fascination, then you're on the wrong track. You have to watch it for subspace silliness. I was always wondering what drug the writer's of Enterprise were on when they tried to explain phenomena. The captain in that show is also the goofiest of all the Star Treks. The intro song (dreadful) to that one makes clear that you're on the most absurd Star Trek journey of all.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
  12. SixStringSlinger

SixStringSlinger Friend of Leo's

It's funny in part because in some ways it's the most relatable, being the closest Star Trek has ever gotten to our time (outside of the First Contact movie which, given the circumstances on Earth in that time in Start Trek, isn't much like our time now).

I'll occasionally watch from the Season 2 finale through the first 2 episodes of Season 4. It's one long story, and it isn't as chock-full of Original Series callbacks.

Toast likes this.
  13. Toast

Toast Tele-Afflicted

Enterprise has its moments as far as I remember. It was able to sustain my interest, mostly because I thought it was funny, much more than Discovery. The original 60's series is still my favorite, mainly because I love the over-the-top music and sound effects in that one. No other Star Trek can compare to that one in terms of an aural experience. I wish somebody would produce a show that takes the music to absurd levels again. Jaws and Star Wars figured that out, it's time for more of it.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.