Standard Telecaster To Telecaster Plus...

teleman1991

Tele-Meister
So i was looking at some pictures and i would love to convert the bridge on my mexican standard to tele plus. Thing is i dont know if i can buy the saddle part seperately from anywhere and if it will bolt on in the same four holes. Has anyone made a conversion like this? And if ay of you guys have a tele plus can i please see some detailed pictures of the body and around the bridge? cheers

Ira7

Doctor of Teleocity
So i was looking at some pictures and i would love to convert the bridge on my mexican standard to tele plus. Thing is i dont know if i can buy the saddle part seperately from anywhere and if it will bolt on in the same four holes. Has anyone made a conversion like this? And if ay of you guys have a tele plus can i please see some detailed pictures of the body and around the bridge? cheers

Confusing question:

What do you want to do? Go from your stock 6 saddles to 3?

Jellecaster

Friend of Leo's
I have a Tele Plus and it has a modern, six saddle bridge and a "Dually" Lace Sensor in the bridge.... so I'm confused about what you are trying to do as well.

Edit: This isn't mine, but here is a picture of a Tele Plus:

untitled.JPG

teleman1991

Tele-Meister
I have a Tele Plus and it has a modern, six saddle bridge and a "Dually" Lace Sensor in the bridge.... so I'm confused about what you are trying to do as well.

Edit: This isn't mine, but here is a picture of a Tele Plus:

View attachment 11915

sorry if i explained it funny, yes thats how i want mine from a stock mexican standard 6 saddle. If i could find a tele plus bridge would i need to redrill at all for the acutal saddle part? Its just the saddle bit from tele plus i need to find i've seen the humbucker components before any one know of any?

MulliganChebichev

Tele-Afflicted
This is the bridge:
0032909000.jpg

It has the three hole configuration, so drilling is needed.

IMO it'll be better if you'd use this bridge:
gbridge+21.jpg

People said that if you went the TP way extraneous holes would be exposed.

The humbucker is a Dually Red Lace Sensor humbucker.

teleman1991

Tele-Meister
that bridge is pretty much perfect then, but it has one hole each side for the humbucker, the red lace sensor pickup has two height adjusters on one side...arrgh lol

Robin Nahum

Friend of Leo's
Do you really want to fit a Red Dually? I owned a Tele Plus. It is not the world's greatest sounding pickup. (The Blue, on the other hand, is not bad.)

What are you hoping to achieve?

I'm sure there are humbuckers that would sound better, and you will not need to worry about looking for a proprietary pickup surround. You can just use a bridge like in Mulligan's post.

teleman1991

Tele-Meister
well i was goning for the jonny greenwood effect i love his guitar sound. I thought he used the red lace sensor that it came with unless what another person told is true that he changed it for gold...

Robin Nahum

Friend of Leo's
I haven't heard him play but maybe you've hit on another way of framing your question,

"I have an MIM Tele Standard. How might I get a Johnny Greenwood tone without buying a Tele Plus or doing radical surgery?"

Or you could wait for a Tele Plus to come onto the market - assuming your budget runs to this. At one point, they were about the same price as an American Standard then I got the impression they went up because of the Radiohead thing. Right now, I'm not sure.

They're beautifully put together. They were the top end Tele of their time.

dklilja

TDPRI Member
I'm looking to do the exact same thing, lets keep the discussion going! Am I going to have to router at all?

mellecaster

Former Member
well i was goning for the jonny greenwood effect i love his guitar sound. I thought he used the red lace sensor that it came with unless what another person told is true that he changed it for gold...

Being a semi-geezer I have no idea who Johnny Greenwood is, or his sound...but as a practical bloke I see no reason in this day and age of effects available,why you would have to have his exact gear to replicate a Tone close to his ?...just my take on things.

chknpckn

Tele-Meister
I think they are also a short scale guitar so you'll have to get a conversion neck from Warmoth if you want to be totally accurate. You might want to get a Shredmaster clone first if you don't have one already. I suspect that it's probably more important to Jonny's tone than the pickups.

Jellecaster

Friend of Leo's
I think they are also a short scale guitar so you'll have to get a conversion neck from Warmoth if you want to be totally accurate. You might want to get a Shredmaster clone first if you don't have one already. I suspect that it's probably more important to Jonny's tone than the pickups.

The Tele Plus is NOT a short scale guitar.

I had never heard of Johnny Greenwood either - until I went to sell my Tele Plus! I sold it on ebay for about $1700!

djx915

TDPRI Member
Johnny Greenwood is a great guitarist. As for the sound i think he uses the gold lace sensor pickup. really not that sure.

astruso

NEW MEMBER!
Hello people, only 12 years later, I've been able to find all parts, and finish my tele plus project 🤩:
- Fender blacktop Telecaster body
- Warmoth maple neck
- Lace Dually Red bridge
- Lace Blue neck
- Original Telecaster Plus wiring with switch to split Humbucker (series) in 2 single coils

telePlus.jpg