1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Staking eyelets and ammo reloading!!!

Discussion in 'Shock Brother's DIY Amps' started by teleamp, Sep 18, 2010.

1. teleamp

teleamp Poster Extraordinaire

Who'd thought.

While trying to come up with an arbor press for Keystones punch and anvil eyelet staking set I got he idea to see if I can come up with adapters to make a reloading press work for eyelet staking.

I am seriously considering a mini-lathe to make my own punch/anvils, so making adapters would be a snap.

I wonder if there is any interest in punch and anvil sets that were priced more affordably than the Keystone parts (pn 3077)?

2. Ronsonic

Ronsonic Tele-Afflicted

Does Hoffman have an eyelet tool? I know he has one for turrets. I don't know that any ordinary eyelet setter, like for leather work wouldn't do fine. Not as much fun as a good excuse to buy machine tools, but surely cheaper.

3. teleamp

teleamp Poster Extraordinaire

Yeah, I'm going to go the cheaper route. Someone suggested a perfect gadget to try out. But, I would still love to get a mini lathe... in time.

4. telex76

telex76 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I started reloading using the Lee Loader handtools, its been awhile as I quickly moved to a multi stage turret press, but I'm sure you could mod the handtools for staking eyelets.
    Anyone else ever pop a few caps while tring to handseat primers? Good times.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.