1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Stains or just the grain in new swamp ash guitar body?

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by FenderBrother, Feb 24, 2021.

1. FenderBrother

FenderBrother NEW MEMBER!

Hi,

I just received a new G&L Fullerton ASAT Classic butterscotch blonde guitar and I could use advice on two marks on the body that might be defects. One is on the back side and the other is on the edge behind where the neck attaches. To my eye, the one on the back looks like a blueish-grayish blur, about three fourths of an inch, sort of like melanoma skin cancer. The one on the edge is a short line segment, not as blurry.

Below are four photos. Two of them are close-ups. In each photo I drew a red circle around the mark.

Any opinions about what those marks are? Are they defects? If you go to the trouble of posting an opinion, please include your reasoning.

Thanks in advance, and I hope this is the appropriate forum to ask about the G&L.

Blueish smudge on back of body, near right edge, red-circled, 256 colors  - IMG_1733.JPG
    Blueish smudge on back of body, near right edge, closeup, red-circled, 256 colors  - IMG_1733.JPG

Blueish line on body behind neck, cropped, red-circled - IMG_1728.jpg

Blueish line on body behind neck, closeup, red-circled - IMG_1728.jpg

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
    Fendereedo likes this.
  2. Danb541

Danb541 Friend of Leo's

It's a semi transparent finish. Those things would not bother me at all. In fact I would never have looked close enough to notice. Looks like grain to me. What difference does it make?

Fendereedo likes this.
  3. myteleplaysjazz

myteleplaysjazz Tele-Holic

Definitely looks like grain.

Fendereedo likes this.
  4. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Poster Extraordinaire

Does affect play?
    ;)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.