Stacked vs Regular P90s

regularslinky

Tele-Afflicted
I had a Gibson P-100 in my LP Junior and HATED it. I replaced it with a SD Antiquity and it's much better, but I'm not really a P-90 guy.

bettyseldest

Friend of Leo's
P90s in my avatar guitar and Gibson LPJ, can't say that I have had any more of an issue with noise than with any of my Telecasters. P100s in my ES135, sounds great, I did have a P90 equipped ES135 but let it go as it did not sound better than the one with P100s (which was a gift from my wife). You will get a wide range of opinions about how pickups sound and respond to interferance, but in the end you have to use your own ears in your own environment playing your own type of music to make a valid decision.

teleplayr

Friend of Leo's
I'm going to be getting a Firebird VII replica from China with Vibrola. So excited, especially because lefty Firebirds are virtually impossible to find. But, I want to make it a little more personalized. I've always been a fan of the P90 sound, but have never owned an actual P90. As such, I'm really not sure what I should do. I'd be using this guitar at church, and the last time I brought a guitar with single coils, the soundman threw a fit after trying for 15 minutes to get rid of an "annoying buzzing sound from the direct input box."

I'm not really sure whether or not to get a stacked P90, because I've heard that they typically lose a lot of their grit and sparkle, and sound more like humbuckers.

Here's my options:
I could get two P90s and go RWRP, but then I'd only have one minihum on my guitar and only really two effective switch positions. Bridge P90, Bridge + Middle P90, Neck Minihum
Get a stacked P90 to get rid of the hum. Bridge P90, Bridge P90 + Middle Minihum, Middle + Neck Minihum
Fit a dummy coil beneath the ample pickguard. Same as above.

If anyone has any suggestions or experience, please let me know!

Use a DI box with a "Ground lift".