1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

ss amp - modify and lower gain stage

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by meigo1234, Nov 29, 2020.

1. meigo1234

meigo1234 TDPRI Member

hello

thanks for checking in

as stated i have a acoustic g60

the second channel is the drive channel. i really like the sound... slightly into overdrive. the problem is, this setting is at 1,5 from 0 to 10. slightly above the setting when the drive knob even starts sending volume to the volume knob ...
    well, so there is not much room to play with, as its either off, or crunch... on setting 5 its already pretty fuzzy, creamy fuzz. and 10 is ... high fuzz, kind of.

i will post pics of the circuitry later on, but what i wanted to ask you:
    is there some easy way, to modify the channel, the gain/drive stage, to lower the overall gain that is dialed in. i dint need high gain sounds and i would like to have more room for nuances ...
    0 - off
    1, 2, 3 overdrive very lightly comes in
    4, 5, 6 crunch sound, little overdrive
    7, 8, 9 moderate overdrive sound

so kind of shifting the bandwith from higher distortion to really low distortion

this might be similar in modifying overdrive pedals

thanks for any inputs
    looking forward to a nice disccusion

michael

2. Wally

Wally Telefied Ad Free Member

Have you tried the lower gain input [email protected]? And/or rolling the guitar volume down? A schematic might give someone a chance to suggest gain adjustments in the circuit.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.