1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Squire with Fender neck

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Ecadad, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Ecadad

Ecadad Tele-Holic

Would a fender strat neck fit on a squire strat body? Just curious

2. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

It depends on which Squier and which neck. If it's a Squier Classic Vibe and a 21 fret neck then it should pop right on since those models were designed to use the same parts as any MIA Standard Tele would use. If the Squier is a Standard or an Affinity you may have to rework the neck pocket a bit first. I've never done it so this is the extent of my knowledge about it.

3. Delta63

Delta63 Tele-Holic

Just google the size of each neck pocket.

4. Cat MacKinnon

Cat MacKinnon Friend of Leo's

you're right, it can depend on the model (especially if it's an older Squier.) but the newer ones, even the Standards and Affinities, usually work fine with replacement necks. lots of people like using Affinity bodies for project guitars because they're alder, but thinner and lighter weight.

if you look over on the Squier forums, tons of people have dropped replacement necks right into Squier bodies without issue. i wouldn't worry about it unless it's more than a few years old. if you have to do work on the neck pocket, it would be very minor (like, five minutes with sandpaper); that can happen even on MIA/MIM Fender bodies too.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.