So I go the bug. I've been lurking this site for more than a year. I decided to give it a go. I've been playing keyboards in bands since the 80's. No so much anymore. My kids play guitar and bass so I started getting into guitars. Since I don't play I don't have any favorite guitar. I went for something different. The Squire Super-Sonic. I do not have a wood shop. I have minimal tools. I know I should have picked something else but this is happening so here I go. I bought some templates and ended up just printing some I bought online. I cheated and bought a Jazzmaster neck template. There was just too much I could mess up on this. I'll just flip it over for my template. maybe.... Bought a body blank. Tried to find the cheapest since I know I will be messing up. I duplicated my first template to get a straight edge. My first mistake. I routed the truss rod slot. I wanted it on the top an I even wrote on the neck blank. "bottom". I still screwed it up. I got it all turned around in my head and for some reason did it backwards. Which happens to be a standard Jazzmaster neck so no big deal. So I though. I rough cut the neck with my jig saw. Staying away from the line. Maybe too far from the line. Now the tragedy. I should have done more research I tearout. Lesson learned? I don't know how it happened but it just ripped off. It was a new bit and I thought I was going slow. I ended up copying the body template to 1/2 inch - 12.7mm mdf. Ended up working on the body while I wait for a new neck blank. I rough cut it with my jig saw. This was not ideal. I should have used a band saw. I just have no space for all the things I want. Used the tape and super glue trip to stick the template to the body. Chipout! I just watched some videos on how to prevent it and how to mark the body to show the danger zones. No big deal. I am learning. Plus I am planning the body so I am hoping I can hide this. Came out pretty good for my first try. Lots of sanding. A quick mock up. I'll post more updates and my mistakes as I progress.