Squire bass in an inlikely place

Old Deaf Roadie

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
With all the recent hubbub about Kate Bush & "Running Up That Hill", the video from 1985 is front & center on YT. Check out the headstock on the bass.

msalama

Tele-Afflicted
Can't make the logo out myself, but yeah, some Squiers are indeed good. Just wonder whether that one's unmodded though? Don't think so, TBH...

wraub

TDPRI Member
A Squier at that time would likely have been MIJ and either a JV or SQ, possibly an E. All were some of the best Squiers made, although the JV and SQ are rightly the best regarded. I have two MIJ SQ basses and they're quite good.

elihu

Doctor of Teleocity
A Squier at that time would likely have been MIJ and either a JV or SQ, possibly an E. All were some of the best Squiers made, although the JV and SQ are rightly the best regarded. I have two MIJ SQ basses and they're quite good.
I wish I had one of the Squier P basses with the 32” scale.

Si G X

Friend of Leo's
It's not really that unlikely. He wanted to use a white clean looking bass for a TV appearance they were miming. I'm sure he had plenty of other basses at home and in the studio but in the 1985 pop world 'reclics' weren't cool.

wraub

TDPRI Member
I wish I had one of the Squier P basses with the 32” scale.

That would indeed be cool- I think 32" or 32.5" may be my favorite bass scale length. The SQs I have are definitely 34", but they still work okay. :D