1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Squire affinity saddles?

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by TwoBear, Apr 21, 2021.

1. TwoBear

TwoBear Tele-Holic

Squier affinity telecaster, it came with these funny roller saddles. Not looking to sink a bunch of money into this. I bought it on a whim from Sam Ash for $136 used. I’m in the process of polishing the frets which were pretty bad. The pick ups it came with sounded darn good, but I think would be too microphonic for stacked dirt if played stage volume.

I’ve been auditioning a vintage Seymour in the rear and a super 70 humbucker in the front, frankly I think I liked the original pick ups better.

I think I’ll just cap it up with the original pick ups back in it. Does anyone have any suggestions for a decent saddle set. So.Cal post or?
    image.jpg

2. mkdaws32

mkdaws32 Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

I’ve seen those same ones on eBay, cheap. Roller saddles make sense on a Strat, but I question their utility on a fixed bridge. I would not expect they are necessarily bad saddles though.

edit: I really like the saddles that were coming on the last of the Squier Standard series strats, if you can find those. They were an unpolished block saddle. Also you can get the Genuine Fender stamped steel saddles at a decent price. Solo music gear in Canada sells some great solid steel block saddles at a decent price.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
  3. yegbert

yegbert Poster Extraordinaire

4. radiocaster

radiocaster Poster Extraordinaire

Those saddles must sound really bad from your description. Must be the pits. Poast sound clips.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.