Squier Tele Classic Vibe 50s (Vintage Blonde) - Questions

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by RoCkstAr256, Nov 17, 2019.

1. RoCkstAr256

RoCkstAr256 Tele-Afflicted

I have to be honest with you, i do dream about it since 2017. I Own Mexi Teles and Squier Cv strat but i have weakness for this Vintage Blonde one. I like its creamy white colour and lacquered neck from both sides. It cost 400 USD here, i love this 3 saddle bridge. I might not have money for vintera now but... should i go with this CV 50 Tele?

I would like to ask you also if the neck colour is yellow or carmel like?

How do you like your CV50 Teles?

2. coloradojeff

coloradojeff Tele-Holic

CV 50's Telecasters get a lot of positive comments. It is one of those designs that just seems to work very well. Highly regarded by Tele players.

Alamo and RoCkstAr256 like this.
  3. Uncle Daddy

Uncle Daddy Tele-Afflicted

They can be heavy, try before you buy. The fit and finish of the Chinese ones are first class, but I found the thin neck and grippy poly finish to be a problem. I went for a used MIM tele in the end.

4. radiocaster

radiocaster Poster Extraordinaire

Chinese ones have more yellow, Indonesian more brown. The Chinese ones are still kind of a dark yellow, not brown though. (actually applies to other Indonesian CV guitars I've seen lately, I haven't seen the Indonesian CV tele 50s)

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
    RoCkstAr256 likes this.
  5. Dismalhead

Dismalhead Poster Extraordinaire

Great guitar, most I've tried were boat anchors. If you've still got a good back, you're good to go.

6. ronzhd

ronzhd Tele-Holic

Personally, I've never had luck with any of the Fender Mex guitars, on the other hand, I have two CV's as well as a VM, and they aren't going anywhere. The Mex Tele's, just like the USA Highway 1, just seemed thin to me. The weight of CV's has never been an issue gigging or all day bar jams, so I don't know that there is a weight issue, all of my Gibson and Epi Les Pauls feel much heavier. My .02

7. GreatGaudy

GreatGaudy Tele-Meister

CV/Squier necks have ' medium jumbo ' frets. What I call JUMBO ! which I personally HATE !
    But Squier bodies are a fantastic deal, electronics included.
    If you're a hater of Squier's neck specs get yourself a MIM vintage for 199.00 ( if the price hasn't gone up) and You're still way under the price of a new Vintara or MIM classic. And be happy - Like Me x 4

NicDo likes this.
  8. RoCkstAr256

You mean heavier than Mexican Alder Bodies?

9. GreatGaudy

GreatGaudy Tele-Meister

...you will have to add tuners and chisel down the nut, but it's worth the trouble.
    Embrace Squier !

10. beagle

beagle Friend of Leo's

I preferred the neck on my CV50s to the MIM models I played in the shop, that's why I bought it. I haven't had to do anything to it apart from fitting the obligatory Electrosocket jack cup.

Alamo likes this.
  11. RoCkstAr256

Is it heavier than Mim tele?

12. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

I've got a 2011 CV 50's blonde that weighs 6.7 pounds, plays great and sounds great. It's been my favourite guitar since getting it in 2011-2012 and I play it every day. It's also the cheapest guitar I've bought in the last 34 years.

I've played a few in the stores ( whenever I see one I grab it to see what its like) and they were not as nice but they hadn't been setup properly and had grotty strings on them. Like all guitars it's best to try a bunch and pick the one you like most. By most reports the Chinese ones are pretty consistently good.
    20190927_122028.jpg

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
    NicDo, txflood, 2 Headed Goat and 2 others like this.
  13. RoCkstAr256

Looks dope mate, that creamy white colour is epic

Chunkocaster likes this.
  14. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

Thanks, it had a weird green tint to it when I first got it but it's yellowed over the years. I smoke around it so that's probably why. They are great value guitars.

RoCkstAr256 likes this.
  15. naveed211

naveed211 Tele-Holic

I love mine.

I'd call the neck tint more caramel. It's a 2012 and I'd bet it's faded a little bit in the seven years (I just bought it this year).

I got a good deal on it, and even after someone replaced the bridge with a genuine Fender and switched the output jack, too. So, actually kind of upgraded.

The only Tele I've played lately that I want more than it is $2000, and even then they're dang close. I've played stuff more than $2000 and less than that (but still hundreds more than the CV) and I wouldn't choose any of them over the CV, truthfully. Rather, I don't see a need to save up for them with what I've already got. It scratches the itch and does the thing.

RoCkstAr256 likes this.
  16. VintageSG

VintageSG Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

The neck colour on my Vintage Blonde is about the same ( surprise! ) as the neck on the picture @Chunkocaster posted. It just looks right. I bought mine to Esquire it, but can't bring myself to as the neck pickup has been imbued with extra tone-dust or something.
    Aside from it now wearing the slightly minty pick guard originally fitted to my CVC, the only things I've done are fit an Electrosocket and strap-locks.

Classic Vibe Telecasters are fantastic. Some don't like the neck profile or the gloss. Neither bothers me. Buy one and be happy.

RoCkstAr256 and Chunkocaster like this.
  17. beagle

beagle Friend of Leo's

Mine isn't, but some are.

RoCkstAr256 likes this.
  18. DougM

DougM Friend of Leo's

All the new Indonesian CV guitars don't have medium jumbo frets like the Chinese ones. They have the narrow tall frets as on the Am Pro and Mexican Player series. And my Am Performer Strat has actual jumbo frets, as did the Am Special series which they replaced, which are even bigger than medium jumbos, and it took some getting used to at first, but it didn't take long. And, FWIW, it's my best playing guitar.

RoCkstAr256 likes this.
  19. RoCkstAr256

Still indecisive about it, mayble ill order it for feb 2020

20. Dr Improbable

Dr Improbable Tele-Meister

My experience exactly. The thing weighed a ton, and the neck finish really bothered me. Flipped mine within 2 weeks of buying it!

001.JPG

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.