1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

squier tele bullet

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by Rob DiStefano, Jan 19, 2018.

1. nicod98

nicod98 Tele-Afflicted

Thanks for this useful info! They do look and play fantastic, don't they? I have a surf green bullet... (and a few other Squier teles:))

Bulletshock likes this.
  2. SvenTele

SvenTele TDPRI Member

According to ups tracking, mine should be arriving sometime today! Glad I'm off!

Yours should've shipped as Well! Any word?

Bulletshock likes this.
  3. LzeroKI

LzeroKI TDPRI Member

I am anxiously awaiting one of the red sparkle bullet teles from MF, going to drop a couple humbucker sized P90's in it.

FWIW, MF customer support chat said they were expecting the red sparkle ones in from the manufacturer late this week, and would be shipping them out by next Wednesday.

Bulletshock and JAckal66 like this.
  4. ClashCityTele

ClashCityTele Tele-Afflicted

I would love one of these in Surf Green or Lake Placid Blue. Unfortunately, the only one available anywhere in the UK at the moment is the Red Sparkle version. The Butterscotch Blonde is 'coming soon'. I may just bite the bullet (!) & get a red one. If anyone knows different, give me a shout.

Bulletshock likes this.
  5. Bruxist

Bruxist Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

They are at 179 now. Going to keep an eye on them for getting down to 129 again.

Bulletshock and SvenTele like this.
  6. JAckal66

JAckal66 Tele-Meister

I love mine. Frets are smooth.
    Had to oil the fingerboard.
    Done a quick set-up on it.
    The pickups are 'WEAK'.
    I put G.M. pickups in my Affinity Squier Tele, and planned to put the Affinity Pups in the red Tele.
    Now, I just ordered more G.M. pups for the red one.
    Less than $20, and they sound great.

Bulletshock likes this.
  7. Bulletshock

Bulletshock TDPRI Member

Got the word that it shipped...still waiting anxiously! You'll probably get yours first. Let me know what you think of the pups or if you plan on upgrading anything. Good luck!

8. SvenTele

SvenTele TDPRI Member

I'm sure they'll come down again! Probably why they couldn't keep them in stock! $129 is
    Just got it, will let you know after I've had a chance to look at it more closely. Initial impression is that it looks very nice! I'll post more...

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    Bulletshock and Bruxist like this.
  9. LzeroKI

LzeroKI TDPRI Member

Welp, bit of a bummer; just got done chatting with MF Customer Support, apparently the ship date for my back-ordered sparkle red bullet tele has now been pushed back until June 1st. Still going to keep my order though, I love the finish and $130 for that telecaster seems like a steal. Good things come to those who wait I suppose...

Bulletshock and SvenTele like this.
  10. SvenTele

SvenTele TDPRI Member

I was able to play my bullet for about 20 minutes last night, but have a few general observations:

* I was surprised at how good the set up was! Nice low action with NO fret buzz!

* Fret work was surprisingly good! No rough edges. I'm sure there are better fret jobs out there, but for a $130 guitar...very good!

* Volume control knob seems to rub a little when you turn it, but no biggy. I may end up replacing the vol/tone/ switch later.

* The only downside of this guitar is the Indian Laurel fingerboard. It sounds okay when you're sliding up and down the fretboard, but if you do any type of bends, it sounds like sand paper! Oh well I can still live with it!

Overall, very happy with this guitar!

I'll post pics later tonight!

Can't wait to here about yours!

Bulletshock likes this.
  11. SuprHtr

SuprHtr Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

“* Volume control knob seems to rub a little when you turn it, but no biggy. I may end up replacing the vol/tone/ switch later.”

Both knobs on my Affinity Tele rubbed. They push onto the splined pot and were just pushed too far down. I pulled up on them a little and now they’re fine.

Bulletshock likes this.
  12. Bulletshock

Bulletshock TDPRI Member

Congrats amigo! I also recieved mine! Man, I luv the neck! Funny cuz I noticed the same thing bending on the fretboard! Was thinking about dressing it with the proper type of oil. Intonation is a wee bit sharp on several strings but no biggie. Like the height of the strings and overall I am very happy. Was thinking about ordering the butterscotch with the maple neck but don't think the wife is on board with it yet. I'll have to work on her. lol!

13. Bulletshock

Bulletshock TDPRI Member

Hey man, did you see the butterscotch with maple neck for $129 @ Musicians friend a few days ago? I was really tempted but had just purchased the surf green for the same price already.

14. ClashCityTele

ClashCityTele Tele-Afflicted

Eh, no. I'm in the UK.

15. CavalierX

CavalierX TDPRI Member

Pulled the trigger on a Butterscotch Blonde with Maple Bullet- what a deal at $129.

Does anyone have a basic parts list to go bullet-proof? Thinking Hipshot Locking tuners with the mounting plate? TUSQ nut? Bridge- a fender compensated vntage brass is only $35. Electronics- 4-way Emerson pre-wired kit?

What is the route like inside?

Thanks.

16. TC6969

TC6969 Friend of Leo's

I just got a BSB for $129.

I think I read that the sale was through 4/21 so if you're on the fence, better jump off quick!

ETA:

Yeah. It was in the Email they sent me this afternoon.

Now through April 21, save on a ton of electronic gear in every department, from electric guitars and basses to amps, effects, keys, live sound, DJ, lighting and electronic drums.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  17. logans_tele

logans_tele Tele-Meister

The trouble you'll find in upgrading the bullet tele (I have one) is parts compatibility. If you want to replace the bridge, you won't find any aftermarket options that fit without drilling and modification. I'm not sure about the tuners, but I'm pretty sure you won't find drop-in replacements there either.

I've inspected the control cavity and it appears to be large enough to accept full size pots and I read on another thread that the control plate will accommodate the larger CTS and/or Emerson shafts as well, so that's a plus.

IMO, you'll want to get the frets ends worked over for playability. The nice thing about rosewood is that with some painters tape and $2 at the dollar store you can really do a fantastic job of this yourself with a little patience and effort. Next, I would consider a new nut unless you got lucky and yours was cut just right. Mine was close enough to play for a while, but I'm going to need a new one cut properly. Next move would be a pickup swap but that's largely personal preference - the ceramics just sound harsh to me. Lastly you *need* a 3-ply mint pickguard.

18. tele-bastard

tele-bastard Friend of Leo's

These are a great Buy I've purchase two of the green ones

19. TC6969

TC6969 Friend of Leo's

Mine came in late last night and I'm checking it out now.

First off the neck was bowed enough to shoot arrows.

The truss rod had no tension on it whatsoever.

A little bit less than 1 clockwise crank seemed to straighten it out.

The neck also has NO finish on it at all, its just raw wood which is a plus in my book cause I can do whatever I want with it.

The fret ends need a little bit of attention, but I've seen and felt worse on MUCH more expensive guitars

High E string is on the edge past 12th fret but I can see where the saddles are all pushed over to the treble side.

I dont have an amp here so I cant check out the rest of it.

For $127.00 (I had some points) I'm happy.

I think I'll take it apart and start over.

A little time without some assembly line production manager breathing down my neck might turn this into a pretty decent guitar!

JK202 and rockymtnguitar like this.
  20. TcsMusicman

TcsMusicman TDPRI Member

It's not the fingerboard that's causing the rough feeling bends, it's the frets. I thought the same thing as you, then I realized my string isn't even touching the wood when I fret a note. A good polish will sort that out, I promise.

I just got mine in the mail yesterday and have yet to do any kind of setup or fretwork, but I have no doubt it'll play like a MIA when I'm done with it. Honestly, besides a bit of buzz on the low end and the frets dire need of a polish, I have zero issues with how this guitar plays. And for a $130 flat to show up at my door I can really overlook that haha.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.