Squier Tele "Bullet" Pics

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by JK202, Jul 27, 2019.

1. JK202

JK202 TDPRI Member

Hi Everyone,

I've been meaning to post pics of my essentially stock "Bullet" Telecaster; the minor mods include the GraphTech nut and string tree and hidden behind the angle-slotted control plate - the shipping cost from Italy was more than the price of the plate! - is the nicest switch I've tried out to replace the crappy, original Cor-Tek one. This is one that's offered by DragonFire and is somewhat thicker and more robust and toggling the switch is smooth and easy. I also put on the pickguard from Musiclily - perfect fit.

On the to-do list are replacing the tuners, bridge and possibly the pickups, although I must say I'm generally satisfied w/ how these sound!

Cheers,

JK Tele-d.jpg Tele-c.jpg

2. Bluetelecaster

Bluetelecaster Tele-Holic

Very nice,!

JK202 likes this.
  3. jimilee

jimilee Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Oh nice. What pickups are you gonna put in it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JK202 likes this.
  4. Kontaktmoi

Kontaktmoi Tele-Holic

Is this a TOP LOADER bridge? ( IE not string-through bridge). It looks like that from the picture.... in which case you have only few alternatives.

JK202 likes this.
  5. JK202

JK202 TDPRI Member

Thanks jimilee and Kontaktmoi. It's string through the body actually and I'm not sure about the pups yet - so many choices out there - prolly something from either GFS or DF though. (I put a set of DF's True Texas AlNiCo5's in my Squier "Affinity" Strat and the difference from the stockers was astounding!).

6. Kontaktmoi

Kontaktmoi Tele-Holic

Consider the real Fender NOCASTER Pickups ( just make sure you don't buy the set that has the Broadcaster bridge pickup because that one is really HOT and I have seen forum entrees stating that much) . Buy them used and you won't look back!!

JK202 likes this.
  7. FenderGyrl

FenderGyrl Friend of Leo's

Dragonfire Texas Tone PUPS are such a good fit for these guitars.

$40 upgrade...makes for such an improvement. Also...replacing the electronics...
    really helps the Dragonfires shine.

20190519_161820.jpg

Bobby73, DADGAD, whoanelly15 and 2 others like this.
  8. Teleterr

Teleterr Friend of Leo's

If you like the basic sound of the p-ups, you can just replace the poles or underneath magnets w AlNiCo. Sound is close to the same , but sweeter w more sparkle in the highs.

JK202 likes this.
  9. tom and frayed

tom and frayed TDPRI Member

Can anyone confirm the STOCK wire gauge that Squier uses for the 2 wires that are soldered to the output jack?

10. TequilaCaster

TequilaCaster Tele-Holic

20181025_151212.jpg
    Squier Bullet in Lake Placid Blue (not!) with Twang King pups, and some knob bling.

hemmings and JK202 like this.
  11. JK202

JK202 TDPRI Member

Thanks for the tip - yours is as pretty as mine!

Cheers,

JK

12. CavalierX

CavalierX TDPRI Member

13. JK202

JK202 TDPRI Member

Wow, that's lovely too!

Cheers,

JK

14. nicod98

nicod98 Tele-Afflicted

I hope the Bullet is routed for a P90 in the neck... I have a surf green one, for which I was undecided about what to do... I should check that out! LOVELY!

15. CavalierX

CavalierX TDPRI Member

My LPB Bullet was routed for a perfect fit. I uses some kind of dense packing foam for the back of the pick-up when mounting it into the guitar instead of the springs and it worked out great. I also shielded the pickup cavity with copper tape and when I grounded out the shielding on the PUPs wire I was sure to get a good strong connection with a jump wire off the shielding ground wire to the back of the volume pot. It is almost noiseless and sounds wonderful. I really like the FLEOR Alnico 5 Soap Bar Pickup set I got off Amazon for less than $40 for the pair. I used the Neck PUP and it matched up really well with the existing Squier ceramic bridge pup for volume/strength and tone. I still have the bridge PUP for future projects.

nicod98 likes this.
  16. jordans0nly

jordans0nly TDPRI Member

I'm really thinking about picking up the Red Sparkle one. How's the weight/quality?

17. Vintage Fan

Vintage Fan Tele-Meister

48B6A92A-9A72-433D-8A0F-0C48B5FF5576.jpeg E92FE310-58AF-4B1A-A5A7-62DCDBB022D7.jpeg 84EAF3C2-577D-4A1F-BAE5-E25BD755E46F.jpeg I put in a vintage steel 3 barrel bridge with steel saddles on one.

I put in a vintage steel 3 barrel bridge with brass saddles on a 2nd one. And a 6 lever palm pedal.....Seymour Duncan Hot Rails in the bridge. Fender Tex Mex neck pickup with cover removed. Wired direct to input jack, no pots, no switch. Gotoh tuners.

Bobby73, FenderGyrl, JK202 and 3 others like this.
  18. MadJack

MadJack Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I got mine last December. I was plesently surprised how good it sounded and how decently it played. It wasn't great, but pretty decent, especially for the sale price of $129.99

The mods are Gotoh Vintage Style Tuners with bushings, TUSK XL nut, Grover Chrome Plated Brass Saddles, Fender Mint Green Pickguard and a set of Fender Tex-Mex Pickups (on sale at this time for $56.11 @ Amazon, I got mine for $47.41!). The Tex-Mex pups sound similar to the stock Squier pups, but with a slightly warmer fuller sound. They will pish you into overdrive a little quicker.

I did do a set-up and used a foam sanding sponge to finish the fret ends and slightly roll the fretboard edge. The fret ends weren't cutting sharp, but I could feel them when running my hand up and down the neck, now it's smooth as can be. The neck finish is a thin satin poly, almost like no finish. It feels really nice and smooth, with no stickiness as with a gloss neck. The Indian Laurel fretboard is good. It does seem to soak up the lemon oil pretty quick and looks dry again fairly quickly. It still feels good, even though it looks dry.

It still has the stock wiring under the control panel, but it's working just fine. I'll likely upgrade when something breaks down, otherwise, it will likely stay stock till that time.

P1030229.JPG

It's now one of my most played guitars and sit next to me in my livingroom.

JK202 and FenderGyrl like this.
  19. DADGAD

DADGAD Friend of Leo's

The made in Indonesia, Cort factory Squier bullet is a fine Telecaster. It has a full 42mm wide nut. Mine was a 2017 and has a rosewood fretboard. I replaced the pick guard, installed an alnico GFS pickup in the neck and a alnico pickup from my junkbox. It is humbucking in the middle position and is the first of four Teles that I grab to play. Best $129 guitar ever!

[​IMG]

hemmings and JK202 like this.
  20. JK202

JK202 TDPRI Member

Hey MadJack,

She's a beauty! May I ask which specific tuners you got and from where? That's really the only gripe I have with mine. Nice job!

Cheers,

JK

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.