Squier Super Sonic HH: mod options

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by Willie Johnson, Sep 26, 2021.

1. Willie Johnson

Willie Johnson Tele-Afflicted

I have a line on one of these that I think I might pick up. I've always been interested in a flipped lefty Jaguar, like you-know-who, and this seems like the easiest, least expensive way to pull that off. It has Fender Atomic humbuckers, which are pretty hot (10k neck, 15k bridge, sez internets), so I've thought about wiring it series/parallel/split to approximate Jag-type tones, without putting in Jag single coils and a new pickguard. What would be the best way to implement this? Controls are 2 volumes for each pickup and no tone. Push/pulls for each volume, 1 series/parallel and 1 split/humbucker? Could I wire the pickup selector switch for series/parallel/split modes for both pickups, and use the volumes to turn off the pickup I don't want? Rotary three way for volume 2 and volume 1 for master volume? And and I losing anything not having the Jaguar rhythm circuit? Any insight from the offset enthusiasts would be greatly welcomed. Thanks!

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
  2. Bill Clay

Bill Clay TDPRI Member

Are you getting one of the current ones or the old Japanese Vista series ones?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.