1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Squier Strat tremolo question

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Voicing 13, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Voicing 13

Voicing 13 Tele-Meister

Hey,

I have a student who has a "Strat" by Squier with pearl pickguard and backplate. This is not well build Squier. If it wasn't for the pearl pickuard I would think it's comes from combo pack.

The trem block is only drilled for three springs. As soon as you tune the guitar to pitch the distant of the bridge to to body must be a good 1cm to 11/2cm, so about half an inch and a little more.

I tried tightening the spring claw and redrilled the holes for those screws as much as I could to get it to lower and it is still very hight. My student would still like to be able to use the trem.

I'd love to hear suggestions or if someone has encontered this problem before.

thanks

2. Delta63

Delta63 Tele-Holic

Did you loosen the screws that hold the bridge in?

From what you described I'm pretty sure thats your problem

oh, by the way I had that exact same guitar, my first strat ever...

I don't think you had to redrill the holes though? When I had that strat I put the claw all the way in.

3. Weazel

Weazel Tele-Holic

Gretch has a valid tip: check the six screws fixing the trem to the body. If these are too tight, the trem/bridge plate will stay tilted forward due to the bevelled edge(assuming this is a vintage style trem) I'll often remove the four screws in the trem leaving only the two outer screws, but loosening the screws might do the trick.

4. Voicing 13

Voicing 13 Tele-Meister

ok,

I should see him tomorrow and will try that. Will report back once done.

Thanks!

5. Delta63

Delta63 Tele-Holic

thats a better way of saying it, I'm not the best at explaining stuff:rolleyes:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.