Squier Standard Telecaster.

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by marantz1300, Apr 15, 2009.

1. marantz1300

marantz1300 Tele-Meister

I have bought a Indonesian Squier Standard Tele. It has a great neck with nicely rolled edges and plays as well as any other Tele I have owned, including MIA, MIM and MIJ Teles. I also think the stock pups are ok, though I have in my spares some USA Standard pups, a MIJ three barrel bridge and some MIM machine heads that I will fit. If these Squiers had Fender on the headstock people would be jumping on them. Here's a pic of it alongside my Peavey Reactor,MIJ 62 Fender Tele and my Musicman SILo/Tele hybrid. [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  2. addisj

addisj Tele-Meister

congrats on your purchase! I would comment on your pic but my work i.e blocks them dam it.

I recently bought a custom II and I love it. she really sings when bending notes and the p90's produce some lovely dirt with a bit of OD.

I play it more than my standard and it only cost me a little over £200.

I took my headstock decal clean off with some wet and dry.
    Currently designing my own logo to take its place.

3. Steve G

Steve G Friend of Leo's

nice guitars marantz1300!
    how do you find the squier neck compares to your others? I dont like them too narrow...

4. paul_h

paul_h Tele-Meister

Congrats, nice lineup there. WHat is that guitar on the right? Is it shorter scale or is that just the angle of the photo?

5. ProToneThinline

ProToneThinline Tele-Holic

Congrats!!!!! I bought mine back in July of '08. I agree with you - it's one of the best Tele's I've played. It's actually become my main gigging guitar.

6. marantz1300

marantz1300 Tele-Meister

Its the angle. Musicman use the same scale as Fender. The neck is the same width as Fender Teles. The dearer Teles are better finished ,with better quality hardware. I paid £60 for this and have some higher quality stuff in my spares box.In a blindfold test it would be hard to tell Squires and Fenders apart. You can see the scale better here. [​IMG]

7. bowman

bowman Friend of Leo's

Nice guitars. I recently played my Squier Standard after not having touched it for a couple of months. I was really amazed at how well it played and how great it sounded. I won't be letting it sit idle that long ever again!

8. Steve G

Steve G Friend of Leo's

Thanks for that, I had an old blonde standard that I swear had a narrow neck that I couldn't get on with.

9. Sollophonic

Sollophonic Friend of Leo's

When I first got my Standard, it wasntthe neckthat was narrow, but the string spacing at the nut. I replacedthe nut with a bone one, and widened the spacing. I can get 38 mm width out of a tele neck and it makes all the difference

10. Ricky D.

Ricky D. Doctor of Teleocity

I've got an IC serial #. Played a bunch of them that day, this one was right! Swapped in a set of OV's and a 4-way. This is an excellent player and sounds like I want it to sound.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.