Squier Paranormal Offset Telecaster Owners Club

Sune Andersson

Tele-Meister
A couple of weeks ago I bought me an Shell Pink Offset Telecaster, and I am really impressed of this guitar! I know there’s a lot of guitar players interested in this model.
Let’s get together here and show off our beloved Squier Offset Teles! I have already changed the tuners (staggered Gotoh vintage tuners in nickel) and the bridge (a Gotoh vintage bridge with compensated brass saddles.

Attachments

• CF5DBF24-36CC-4590-802B-0B9197A37C6C.jpeg
    CF5DBF24-36CC-4590-802B-0B9197A37C6C.jpeg
    200.9 KB · Views: 68
  • 00051EDA-D15B-4A13-941C-BD874A52239D.jpeg
    00051EDA-D15B-4A13-941C-BD874A52239D.jpeg
    208.7 KB · Views: 67
  • F7F9E64C-51E5-4DA6-9594-B1AFED57252F.jpeg
    F7F9E64C-51E5-4DA6-9594-B1AFED57252F.jpeg
    181.1 KB · Views: 72
  • 46A38B4B-5592-44CA-8D6B-73D021226B7D.jpeg
    46A38B4B-5592-44CA-8D6B-73D021226B7D.jpeg
    105.1 KB · Views: 73

cb3000

TDPRI Member
I'm with you! I have that exact guitar. Offset telecasters are my absolute dream guitar. You get the sound of a tele but the comfortable body of a jazz master-plus they look cool as hell.

I changed the bridge plate but I like the sound of the stock saddles so I am compensating them myself. I kept the stock pickups as well for 2 reasons:
you can adjust the pole piece heights to even out string to string volume.
I actually love the sound-the bridge pickup is just nasty and the neck pickup is fat. I put Gotoh tuners on mine as well but I have to say the stock ones were holding really well for me.
I have the guts from my Am Pro II tele in mine so I can do series and it has a nice treble bleed. I'll post a pic soon--

Tortfeezorz

NEW MEMBER!
I'll post some pics later but I bought the surf green last year which I love. I've always been a fan of the 1960s colors on guitars and offset body but never loved the busy switches everywhere look of jaguars and jazzmasters. This is a perfect fit. I contemplated the toranado in the series but this is my second guitar and felt a tele was more versatile.

No mods yet and I go back and forth about replacing the neck pickup. Sometimes I like the sound but other times it feels too muddy. I dunno, my first guitar is a questionable hondo strat I bought from a pawn shop in high school that I've turned into a project. Maybe that's enough tinkering for now.

Sune Andersson

Tele-Meister
Had this Okoume Offset Tele for a few months now. Completely loving it. Made a custom brass pickguard. Looking at saddle upgrades and possibly a middle pickup. View attachment 966832 My new #1
That brass pickguard looks so cool! It’s funny that the first year’s offset bodies were made in okoume and the second year in poplar.

Last edited:

azureglo

TDPRI Member
Hey Sune, nice to see you here, count me in: Got this NOS a few weeks back looking like this,

51895442805_2b1ae4ccf3_b.jpg

So far, had neck change, triple tree , back PU disconnected and rewired to original Esquire spec but neck only with treble cut on position 1, obligatory pot and saddle change

51894825718_7f3dc2c7d1_b.jpg

Next up is a Gotoh GTC201 six saddle bridge with a blanking plate for the removed rear pickup and this Roswell incarnation of the Charlie Christian "P90" type, should make me a fine sit down jazz box.

51983156375_d36f7f8f13_b.jpg

Last edited:

azureglo

TDPRI Member
If that was asked of me, its because I like thin glossy necks and collect Stat CV necks to put on other guitars. In the case of my Offset tele, it already had a thin glossy neck but I wanted RW ( laurel) not maple and the CV60s Strat neck was available in my stash.

Kerberos

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
I've been playing Jazzmasters for over 50 years, love the body style. These Offset Tele's look like a blast. From reviews I've seen, the necks appear to be very thin. What's the opinion on the Necks, and the Pickups? Seems like a great guitar to Mod!

brrobert

TDPRI Member
I am curious, why did you change the neck? I have been looking at these guitars online, wondering how they are.
A whole bunch of reasons... I have two fender guitars (tele and starcaster) with maple neck, the Squier necks are pretty skinny, so I wanted to have a larger Fender neck, I thought the rosewood might look nice (and picks up more of the jaguar/jazzmaster feel).

I had a black bigsby on it for a bit, thinking it would pick up the pickguard and bridge pu, but it looked cheesy.

Was wondering how butterscotch with black guard would look with rosewood neck. In the end, I really like the look. Nice thing about Fenders and you can always try another neck.

brrobert

TDPRI Member
I've been playing Jazzmasters for over 50 years, love the body style. These Offset Tele's look like a blast. From reviews I've seen, the necks appear to be very thin. What's the opinion on the Necks, and the Pickups? Seems like a great guitar to Mod!
Neck is skinny. I changed the pickups to Vintera 50's. The stock pickups weren't horrible.

Kerberos

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
I just want to add, yesterday I was in the vicinity of a Guitar center. I decided to make a quick stop, and look around. To my amazement, they actually had the Squier Paranormal Offset Telecaster in stock. The neck pickup was pretty dull, the bridge pickup was OK. Oddly, I found the neck do-able. I'm use to the Vintage Jazzmaster Neck, quite thick and a 7.25" radius. This Tele was thinner, but wasn't killing my hands. I could live with for a while. Very nicely built. I put it on my short list!

cyclopean

Poster Extraordinaire
I always want these to have something else for a neck pickup (c’mon, the neck pickup is the worst thing about telecasters, just put something else in there - strat, jag, p90, jazzmaster …) and to have an offset trem.

And a jag high pass filter would be pretty great too.