Squier nut width for those with Fender Tele's

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by VerySlowHand, Feb 14, 2020.

1. VerySlowHand

VerySlowHand Tele-Holic

Edit: red herring folks - don't want to waste anyone's time - the CV 70s has the same nut width as the Baja (different neck profile, but I'm buying used, so not a big issue).

Hi everyone. I have a Baja Tele, but I'm looking at a Squier CV 70s Thinline as my 'Keef' guitar (open G, five string). The only thing holding me back is nut width. Do any of you guys who also drive a Fender Tele feel badly cramped on a Squier, or is it something that's there, but not an issue? Obviously, for Stones stuff, it'll mostly be doing chord work, so maybe I'm worrying about nuffing.

Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
  2. Asmith

Asmith Friend of Leo's

The squier your interested in has a wider advertised nut than a 50s Baja.

It does have a slim C neck profile though not that its a bad thing on its own but based on the fact you have a baja and are worried about a small neck you might want to try it out and some others in a store.

Dr Improbable likes this.
  3. VerySlowHand

VerySlowHand Tele-Holic

Just checked and it's actually the same nut width, but thanks for pointing that out. I'm not so bothered bothered about neck profile and for the price of a used one I'll just take a punt.

4. Asmith

Asmith Friend of Leo's

When i looked it up a 50s bajas nut width is 1.625" but the CV is 1.650". Its sounds small but i think its 1mm difference which is noticable on a neck.

5. VerySlowHand

VerySlowHand Tele-Holic

I see where the difference is. My Vintera 50s Modified is identical to a Baja, except for the nut width. I guess they had to change something to call it a Vintera, but to me it's a Baja in all but name (I've had Baja's in the past and I can't tell the difference). Sorry for the confusion. Hope you stay dry this weekend.

Asmith likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.