Squier nut width for those with Fender Tele's

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by VerySlowHand, Feb 14, 2020.

1. VerySlowHand

VerySlowHand Tele-Holic

Edit: red herring folks - don't want to waste anyone's time - the CV 70s has the same nut width as the Baja (different neck profile, but I'm buying used, so not a big issue).

Hi everyone. I have a Baja Tele, but I'm looking at a Squier CV 70s Thinline as my 'Keef' guitar (open G, five string). The only thing holding me back is nut width. Do any of you guys who also drive a Fender Tele feel badly cramped on a Squier, or is it something that's there, but not an issue? Obviously, for Stones stuff, it'll mostly be doing chord work, so maybe I'm worrying about nuffing.

Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
  2. Asmith

Asmith Friend of Leo's

The squier your interested in has a wider advertised nut than a 50s Baja.

It does have a slim C neck profile though not that its a bad thing on its own but based on the fact you have a baja and are worried about a small neck you might want to try it out and some others in a store.

Dr Improbable likes this.
  3. VerySlowHand

VerySlowHand Tele-Holic

Just checked and it's actually the same nut width, but thanks for pointing that out. I'm not so bothered bothered about neck profile and for the price of a used one I'll just take a punt.

4. Asmith

Asmith Friend of Leo's

When i looked it up a 50s bajas nut width is 1.625" but the CV is 1.650". Its sounds small but i think its 1mm difference which is noticable on a neck.

5. VerySlowHand

VerySlowHand Tele-Holic

I see where the difference is. My Vintera 50s Modified is identical to a Baja, except for the nut width. I guess they had to change something to call it a Vintera, but to me it's a Baja in all but name (I've had Baja's in the past and I can't tell the difference). Sorry for the confusion. Hope you stay dry this weekend.

Asmith likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.