1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Squier LE Bullet (@MF)

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by Rob DiStefano, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Rob DiStefano

Rob DiStefano Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

full size humbucker. which is why the tele neck pup is hung off the pickguard.

Bruxist likes this.
  2. Bruxist

Bruxist Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Thanks, Rob!

3. rockymtnguitar

rockymtnguitar Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Damn, Rob, you have put some great advice into these Bullet threads. Thanks! Even for those of us that have been around here for a while. That was the clearest, most concise action/intonation summary I've ever seen.

4. FenderGyrl

FenderGyrl Poster Extraordinaire

Oh Well,
    After taking a self imposed exile from the TDPRI, I kept coming back to this thread. The Sea Foam Green Tele pics got to me. I decided to pull the trigger on a SFG Bullet Tele from MF for $129 and free shipping.

I've been finishing up some projects that were on my work table. I have gotten really good at fret leveling and crowning. I rebuilt a Bullet Strat... It came out great. I moved on to some other necks that needed leveled. They came out great. It took me about a dozen necks to really find my groove. Now I'm confident to tackle anything.

I got a real soldering station. It definitely helped with my soldering skills. So...I have been busy lately.

I have enough good parts lying around to mod a Bullet
    Tele. Looking forward to a fun project. Gotta admit I'm loving lighter guitars these days.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  5. LzeroKI

LzeroKI TDPRI Member

Just a heads-up, the red sparkle bullet tele is now $129.99 on Guitar Center's website, yesterday it was still $179.99. I'm wondering if this because I got a price match at GC online yesterday to get them to match MF's sale price.

6. Rob DiStefano

the indo bullet prices seem to fluctuate $50 up and down every other week. i have no idea why they employ such "marketing strategy".

7. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Friend of Leo's

To get return site visit numbers up. These numbers supposedly help SEO and certainly look good when the marketing director does a PowerPoint for the executive committee.

8. 65 Champ Amp

65 Champ Amp Tele-Afflicted

Yeah. I have a couple bodies of ash, one with a maple top, and a spruce blank I haven’t cut yet, maple and cherry necks in various stages of completion, but I just wrapped up a complete overhaul of a $99 pawn shop Chinese Squier, and this could get some serious playing time.

I really need to get back to the stuff I already started, but now I’m thinking of looking for another Squier to play around with.

It was 3 tone burst, this is my best shot at seafoam green lacquer. Everything but the body, bridge, neck, and tuners got swapped out. Great neck and body. (That poly was a bear to get off!)
    Just finished today.
    28AE0C00-A0F0-4081-BA4D-D7901ABAAAFE.jpeg

9. LzeroKI

LzeroKI TDPRI Member

Well, I was all excited about getting my new sparkle tele yesterday, but it's already going back to the local GC today. It played great, the neck felt just the perfect amount of chunky, with a silky smooth satin finish. The pickups weren't as much to my liking as an SX tele I have, but that didn't matter since I'm changing them out anyway. The finish looked fantastic.......except for this crack/chip right on the edge of the face of the guitar about the size of my thumb.

[​IMG]

Honestly, for how cheap this guitar is on sale, if the finish crack was on the back of the guitar, I'd just let it be and rool with it. But a big reason I bought this specific tele was that beautiful sparkle finish, and the crack being that visible would drive me insane. Hopefully sparkle tele #2 brings me better luck!

SvenTele and FenderGyrl like this.
  10. Brazen

Brazen Tele-Meister

What does "MF LE" stand for?

11. Rob DiStefano

musicians friend - limited edition.

12. TheDams

TheDams Tele-Holic

For those who replaced the crappy tuners, which one did you recommend ?

Any of you found 2 pins tuners that are drop-in replacement, or, as per Rob recommendation, did you choose a set with anchoring screw ?

13. Rob DiStefano

i don't recommend either a tit or a screw tuner mount. either mount style will do fine. but as i mentioned to you in a conversation, the tit mount may not fit when going from the squier ping tuners to a quality gotoh, schaller, grover, etc, tuner that uses the tit mount. if the tit(s) aren't in the exact right spot, it can be a chore to move a hole a tiny fraction of an inch. this will not be a problem with an external screw mount, and the tuner body will cover the tit holes. what i recommend is a quality tuner with a gear ratio of 1:16 or higher. there is no need for lockers unless a trem is involved, and then i would recommend locking tuners if lots of trem work is required.

however, i prefer vintage kluson style tuners, and in particular the gotohs. the problem is that all the indo bullet squier teles use sealed tuner holes that are so large that sealer-to-vintage adapter bushings are actually too small. this can be remedied with a turn or two of masking tape around the knurled section of the bushings. a better way would be to sleeve the headstock bushing holes with thin brass tubing that will accept the adapter bushings. i plan on trialing that when i get the next indo squier bullet tele, due in next month.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
    TheDams likes this.
  14. TheDams

TheDams Tele-Holic

That is why I am asking (thanks for the advices in our conversation ;)).
    I’d definitely use screw mount tuners if needed, but if anybody has tried a 2 pins tuner successfully, i’ll take it :cool:

15. TheDams

TheDams Tele-Holic

just an update... installed a set of Gotoh SG381, easy installation if you take your time ;)
    BIG difference, no gear lash, smooth tuning, 16:1 instead of 14:1.

16. FenderGyrl

:p
    20190512_124253.jpg

17. GTG_Gopher

GTG_Gopher Tele-Meister

Got a chance to. play around with a green one at GC this afternoon. Seemed to be pretty decent for the price.

Are the sparkle red / lake placid blue ones mechanically similar?

18. FenderGyrl

I believe so ...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.