Squier has ended the Signature Artist series. Do you have any Squier Artist teles?

John Arbuckle

TDPRI Member
I have never bought one but I am sad to see this series end.
One thing that Gibson does right IMO is make artist sig guitars in both Gibson and Epiphone brands.

I am not a big Joe Bonamassa fan but he and Epihone have put out some really nice guitars with features not normally available in a "value" brand.

I admit every time I read about one my first thought is "I wish they would offer this without his sig and the case candy and lower the price by $500 or so". I think that has actually happened a time or 2.

texas_surfer

TDPRI Member
Here are my two John 5 Squiers. Sure hate that I missed out on getting a Gold one when they were under $500

Both of these are Shred Machines and great for Chicken Pickin’ too! Slim neck, close to flat radius and super low action

One has Dimarzio D Activators and the other a Dimarzio MoJo bridge and Humbucker From Hell neck

Attachments

• 3D9F1A7F-B267-4D87-BD18-2AA7C47977CA.jpeg
    3D9F1A7F-B267-4D87-BD18-2AA7C47977CA.jpeg
    213.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 5C2E8413-37CE-439D-85A7-BA8EC2FD746E.jpeg
    5C2E8413-37CE-439D-85A7-BA8EC2FD746E.jpeg
    238.6 KB · Views: 12

TeleFiveOh

TDPRI Member
I had one of the Avril teles with the star inlay. It was a great guitar and I got it for a steal back in 2017. Put a P-Rail in it and used push/pull pots to select what was active. Drilled the body for a traditional jack placement and put locking tuners on it and it was set. Sold it to free up some funds for the PRS S2 I got last year.

Love my Jim Root squier. Picked that up around the same time as the Avril. Some local djent player needed to pay some bills and priced it to move fast. I put the signature Emgs in it earlier this year and it is a beast of a guitar. I'd like the Fender version but I only have $400 into this guitar and that leap wouldn't be three times the guitar.

Shame that they are dialing back or doing away with this program. It definitely added some variety to a traditional guitar like a telecaster.