Squier Esquire

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by tamster, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Randypttt

Randypttt Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

I didn't know they named a drink after my guitar!!!

But seriously, I liked the trans white finish but not really a white finish guy. I got the guitar super cheap cos this guy bought the guitar then brought it back just missing the 30 day return.
    So pretty much new for 2 bills. Felt like I could have my way with the little darling. :D;)

2. Noname1

Noname1 NEW MEMBER!

Hello everyone!
    I'm new to the forum. I have been playing guitar for some 15 years now# with washburn idol guitar. I’ve been thinking about buying a second guitar lately. for a long time I did not prefer the telecaster. Until I tried to play telecaster from a friend. I was suprised how good is his squier tele.

So i chose to buy one. And i have narrow the selection to the Fender Squier MN Classic Vibe '50s butterscotch blonde. But i have see that there is some limited edition of this model. And it is called Fender Squier FSR Classic Vibe '50s Esquire MN Butterscotch Blonde.

Is there big difference between them. And should i go with this cv limited edition or shoul i go with regular cv 50s tele.

Thank you!

3. guitarist232345

guitarist232345 Tele-Meister

Esquires and Teles are different - Teles have two PuPs and Esquires have one - they are independent models, not variations. As a result, the pickup they both share sounds slightly different. Esquires sound slightly twangier/spankier.

Ultimately it depends on what you want. If you want adaptability, go Tele. If you want a better looking instrument / unique playing experience from the one PuP, go Esquire. Simple as that.

4. Noname1

Noname1 NEW MEMBER!

Thank you for response. I have decided to buy regular cv tele with two pickup.

5. Jake Nelson

Jake Nelson Tele-Meister

Squier Standard Tele, Fender 52 Reissue pickup, Eldred mod. I think it’s going to stay this way, been more then 2 years.

Cheap to make but the resale value is nothing.
    [​IMG]

willholt92 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.