SQUIER CVC tele MIC vs MII

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by Ollieb91, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Ollieb91

Ollieb91 TDPRI Member

Looking to buy a classic vibe custom tele, and debating weather to get the new made in Indonesia version or the older made in China version(used)

Differences I've seen is the new MII body features a nato body vs the MIC alder body, a bone nut on the newer one and different saddles.

Does anyone have any experience with the new MII version, I'd rather buy it brand new, but if the older MIC CVC is better, I'd look into getting it used.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks

2. backporchmusic

backporchmusic Friend of Leo's

Used will save you money. Also get you alder/rosewood rather than nato/laurel. If that kind of thing matters to you.

3. Pontiaddict

Pontiaddict TDPRI Member

I have the CVCustom tele, made in Indonesia, purchased in December, it is a fantastic guitar.

The weight is good, fit and finish flawless, neck feels great in hand & required minimal setup for personal preference (tweaked the truss rod and saddles).
    Regards the saddles, I replaced the SS with brass compensated saddles, no other modifications planned or needed IMO.
    Tone is typical tele, no surprise there unless you’re expecting a humbucker, this is not that.

Bright, easy to play and the double bound body looks great; how it compares to a MIC model? I don’t know, but this is an excellent guitar. I would recommend highly to anyone considering a similar purchase in this price range.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.