Squier cv Simon Neil stratocaster

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by orangeblossom, Aug 7, 2019.

1. orangeblossom

orangeblossom Friend of Leo's

Looking for any input on a Simon Neil stratocaster .these seem to be quite rare.

2. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Poster Extraordinaire

It's a Strat. (not being facetious) Like others here, I don't get the "Signature" models "thing", unless they have specific features you're looking for.
    Maybe they're "rare" because they weren't very good or sold well. If I were looking for a Strat (which I'm not) I'd just play some until I found the "ONE"......;)

orangeblossom likes this.
  3. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

I tried to find the specs but just found a journalists review that was full of hype and the artists background. If it looks like the custom shop version that was pictured in that article along with the squier review id grab one. Whats not to love about a fiesta red strat with a nice rosewood board and mint guard. I'm guessing its like a 60's classic vibe with custom paint and a tweaked logo.

4. BCblues55

BCblues55 Tele-Meister Gold Supporter

I’ve got one. In my opinion, the best aspect is the pickups. A5 poles for E, A and D, A3 for G, B and E. Good punch for low strings, and warmth for treble strings. A good combination, in my opinion. I ended up swapping a Duncan Little 59 into the bridge, though; all three pickups are on the weak side, and the bridge was kind of anemic. YMMV

Other than that, I can’t really recall any distinguishing specs. I got the Fiesta Red model, and it’s very attractive with the Mint Green pickguard. It came out before (or around the time) the Classic Vibe series was being launched, and the fit and finish are very good. It has a VERY thin (and glossy) neck, and I find it very easy to get around the fretboard.

Again, I think the pickups really make this one special.

Hope that helps!

5. musicalmartin

musicalmartin Poster Extraordinaire

I had one and liked it .Of course I sold it .. as you do .

6. Andycapp

Andycapp NEW MEMBER!

I just got one slightly modified. I know people love the stock pickups on the Neil, but mine were replaced with fender noiseless (my favorite fender pickups ) other than that, I’ve had 3 American strats and the Simon Neil squire is by far the most enjoyable fender ive ever played. Love the vintage tuners, fiesta red color is gorgeous, and the neck....sold!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.