Squier Contemporary Telecaster pickup upgrade

PhantomFat

NEW MEMBER!
I recently bought a Squier Contemporary Telecaster to use as a project guitar. I'm looking to change the pickups first. They are in an SH configuration. The neck uses a full size humbucker and the bridge is setup with the squier version of a hotrails. The pickups sound ok and I like the more aggressive tone they were going for. So it would be nice to find something similar but with a little more clarity, cleaner high end maybe, or even a bit more aggressive. I'd like to find two that would compliment each other well and be split-able. Any combos someone might point me towards would be greatly appreciated.

bgmacaw

Doctor of Teleocity
What is your amp and effects setup? What kind of music do you like to play? Have you tried changing the height of the pickups?

PhantomFat

NEW MEMBER!
What is your amp and effects setup? What kind of music do you like to play? Have you tried changing the height of the pickups?
I have a vibrochamp that I play at clean volumes with a EQD Plumes overdrive in front of it and a Blackstar ht20 MKII that I mostly just use the built in effects. I like to play a wide variety of music but for this guitar I was looking to use it for Pop Punk/Punk but still be able to clean it up enough to use for Indie type stuff. I have played with the pickup height a little but probably will tinker some more before I commit to buying anything.
I’m a huge fan of anything DiMarzio, lately. Huge assortment of options and great tones.
Yeah, I was watching some youtube vids on the special chopper for my bridge pickup. Sounded pretty nice.

havlma1

Tele-Meister
I had that guitar, put AlNiCo II Toneriders in it, but the sound was bit too midrangey. I would now go with vintage spec (low output) AlNiCo 5 pickups...

UPtele

Tele-Meister
Silver Supporter
I got the same guitar bought it used and the stock pickups were long gone when I got it. So I'm looking for pickups too