1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Squier Classic Vibes (50s edition) Telecaster Upgrades? (My profile Pic).

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by Tele907, Dec 2, 2020.

1. 68Telebass

68Telebass Friend of Leo's

I have a set of their “original recipe” pickups going into my Bullet. Those are based on the early 1950s AlNiCo III pickups like the Fender ($189) Nocaster CS pickups, but only $50.
    The “Pretzels” are a hotter wind/resistance like the “twistedTele” and seem to be more in the ballpark you are looking for.

Bootstrap also has a new “Extra Crispy” option that you might look into: a hotter wind AlNiCo III - sort of like a 50s on Steroids option- That sounds like something that would be “different” yet vintage yet more “Oomph” all at same time. Certainly allow you to do YOU!! :cool:

@The Angle also has valid input with getting a simple boost pedal (look at the Spark- a 20db boost pedal). This would allow your stock pickups to do what they do best, plus a lot more! As Angle rightly points out- you can always throw more gain on, but can’t take away inherent gain of “HOT” pickups. Sometimes (you appreciate as you get older and creakier) “less is more”. :twisted:

For sounds clips of the Pretzels- try a thread search in the pickups forum, or just search “bootstrap pretzels” there and see what turns up!!
    Hope this helps- keep me posted!! C-Note

Tele907 likes this.
  2. Tele907

Tele907 TDPRI Member

Thanks, this is super helpful and I'll try the search. As for the boost pedal, I also want this to be a better guitar, right now, I only own one guitar (50s cv tele as mentioned). And right now the only pedal I really want is a loop pedal. Although I can't just dis and throw out a valid point like that (about the pedal). I'm also going to have to look into those extra crispy's, from the one video on youtube, I loved those pretzels, but I'm intrigued by those other ones. Thank you so much everyone for the help, I most certainly will have an awesome player by the end of this!

68Telebass likes this.
  3. Tele907

Tele907 TDPRI Member

Not to resurrect the thread, but for Xmas, my brother got me those Pretzels! In a month or two, I'll install them, and add a 4-way switch, and new pots as well! After that, I'll upload a sound demo hopefully, and give some pics.

Merry Christmas.

tintag27 and jfgesquire like this.
  4. Tele907

Tele907 TDPRI Member

Unfortunately, I'm not able to do the four-way switch right now, nor new pots... HOWEVER, I just installed those Pretzels, and they sound soo good, tomorrow I might post a sound demo (although I'm not the greatest player).

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.