1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Squier Classic Vibe 60's Stratocaster

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by ReaL Madras, May 7, 2013.

1. ReaL Madras

ReaL Madras Tele-Afflicted

I have been offered, what I consider, a very good deal on a sunburst one new and contemplating the purchase. Anyone got experience of them? I'm sure that there must be many threads on here but for some reason my search function does not work from this location.

2. sjtalon

sjtalon Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Not to steer you away from here but try this forum as well:

http://www.squier-talk.com/forum/squier-stratocasters/

CV's are VERY nice guitars ! Pretty highly rated for the money. I have a CV Thinline Tele and love it. What I have read same goes for the Strat's too.

3. stevehyphen

stevehyphen Tele-Meister

The classic vibe series has countless good reviews. If I ever encounter a good deal on the 60s strat I'm taking it.
    Usually the only complaints with the classic vibe guitars are the slim necks, the made in China stamp on the back of the neck, and the squier stamp on the front of the neck

Edit: crafted in China
    These guitars have set a standard in that a guitar can be cheap and mass produced but still have phenomenal attention to detail

4. strateles

strateles Tele-Holic

+1 on this
    i have totally changed my thoughts on Squiers after playing a couple of these. I have played 5 or 6 different ones straight out of the box at my local mom and pop and they are all consistantly good guitars.

5. ReaL Madras

I was shocked by how nice my Deluxe feels I may well be tempted!

6. Rydell

Rydell Tele-Meister

Am very satisfied with my 3 CVs.One 50sTele and a 50s and a 60s Strat. I know on what forum I am,7 other Teles around. The Tele neck is a bit slim but I like it. The strat necks are beefy. The stock pickups are really good,anyhow I had to try some replacements.
    IMO you cant go wrong with a CV.

7. richey88

richey88 Friend of Leo's

Just got my 3rd CV strat: 50's Oly white w/ gold anodized pickguard. Really an incredible guitar for the price (I got it used). GET ONE!!! You will not be sorry!

8. Tele56

Tele56 Tele-Holic

Picked up a new CV 60 Strat a couple months ago. Although it was my first strat I had a good idea what I wanted soundwise...and the CV delivered. It was excellent out of the box but I couldn't help myself and did a few mods. If you like the CV and the price is right I would pull the trigger on that deal right now!

9. Bruxist

Bruxist Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Bought an amp from a guy who had one (also for sale). Played it to test his amp, along with one of my own guitars. Was very impressed with the quality and sound. If you can get it at a great price, I would not hesitate to grab it.

10. sir humphrey

sir humphrey Friend of Leo's

I have a CV 50s Strat that sits very nicely alongside my more expensive ones - cant really fault them.

11. ReaL Madras

Well I finally went into the shop yesterday and had a play.....bloody hell did it feel like a nice guitar. I was in a hurry and didn't have time to wait for an available shop assistant so left. The price is the equivalent of £194 new which sounds like a steal. My concern is not buying it, just the number of guitars that I have accumulated in an overseas location. I have a young child and have to keep them locked away in the main which is not great......Shall I pull the trigger or not, that is the £194 question? ;-)

12. fenson

fenson ---------------------------------

well what to do !!!! If it really has no issues .... go with your gut!

13. crowhaven2000

crowhaven2000 Tele-Meister

I just got my newest CV, a CV50's strat in fiesta red. I love it! Even the wood is beautiful. These are great buys. I have a MIM strat (2012) and aaan American Standard Strat (2012) and this will hang righ beside them. Very nice guitars. Hopefully by now you will have bought one. This is my fourth CV :eek:)

Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
  14. TheNewGuy75

TheNewGuy75 TDPRI Member

I just got one of the limited edition 60's strats. Blue with matching headstock. It sounds better than my 95 MIM with Abigail Ybarra 69 Custom Shop pickups!

15. flyswatter

flyswatter Friend of Leo's

Another vote up for the CV 60s. I have one that I gig with and it's very good. The only thing I didn't like was the bridge pickup -- too thin and bright -- so I swapped it out for a SD Little 59. All a matter of preference, though, as a friend of mine has the same model with the stock SC in the bridge; he likes it and he sounds good.

16. Cat MacKinnon

Cat MacKinnon Friend of Leo's

You guys realize this thread is almost a year old, right? I'm sure the OP made his decision quite a long time ago. ;)

17. TheRoman

TheRoman TDPRI Member

Don't know if this is a dead thread but...Just got a used cvc 60's used for a great price. I am absolutely in love with the body and finish. It looks better than any of the pricey tele's I have. A couple cons though: The neck is actually beautiful and a dream to play, but it feels thin and anemic. Has anyone replaced it with another 60's type neck? Though the pickups do sound nice, they are bottom line weak. When getting into it they sound convincing, but all my other guitars just sound ballsier. QUESTION: Will swapping out pickups and leaving all the original wiring achieve the full effect of new pickups?

18. Chicago Slim

Chicago Slim Tele-Afflicted

I'm a 50's Strat guy; AVRI 1956, Classic 50 and CV50's. I've bought three, sold the first one, kept two and three. I've never seen or played a CV60, so I can't comment on that model. My CV50 necks are 1 mm thinner at the nut, where I play open cords with my thumb over the neck. Up the neck, my CV50 measures 1 mm thicker than MIA or MIM Strat's, where I play barre cords.

As for pickups, I like the alnico III pickups in my CV50's. What I don't like are the POTs and 5-way switch. I would replace the switch and POTs, before the pickups.

I moved the bridge pickup to the second tone control, middle pickup to the first, and no tone control on the neck pickup. I use the bridge and middle pickups for over driven sounds, with the treble cut. I use the neck and middle pickups, for brighter clean sounds. This seems to thicken up my sound. I've got a loaded pick guard ready to go, with Alnico V pickups, full sized POTs and an American 5-way switch. I still haven't installed it, as every thing is working and sounds good.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  19. richey88

richey88 Friend of Leo's

If you’re swapping pickups, may as well get proper wiring. I’ve had 2 60’s CV’s and the neck and pickups are fine IMO. Currently have a 50’s (white, gold PG), and the pickups are one of the best things about it...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.