1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Twanginess

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by truckdrivinman, Aug 20, 2010.

1. tap4154

tap4154 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Here's a clip from one of the non-gigging home-player TDPRI wannabes (me), recorded a few days after I brought my CV50 home last April.

Through a 25R, recorded with a point n' shoot.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  2. Mike S.

Mike S. Tele-Meister

Great performances FreeWheeler! I'm now a subscriber for certain.

3. Mike S.

Mike S. Tele-Meister

4. Tele-Champ

Tele-Champ Tele-Holic

A friend came over the other night and we had a little Tele jam, and I played my CV50 thru my 1969 Champ, and speaking of twang, I guess I had forgotten just how great that axe sounds with that amp...

I was blown away yet again - not by my playing, mind you - but by the way the CV50 sounds thru that '69 Champ... :D

[​IMG]

5. ctte2112

ctte2112 Tele-Holic

Did you record anything with it? I'd really like to hear how that sounds.

6. DKoor

DKoor TDPRI Member

Thank you, with delay:cool:.

7. comebackkid

comebackkid Tele-Meister

8. Tele-Champ

Tele-Champ Tele-Holic

I'll do that and put a clip up tonight or tomorrow.

9. Twang Tone

Twang Tone Friend of Leo's

Everytime I pull mine from its gig bag, it puts a smile on my face because I know what's coming next!

Thanks,

10. ctte2112

ctte2112 Tele-Holic

I just noticed that it has an ashtray cover. I thought those only fit on reissue bridges? Is that the stock bridge?

11. Tele-Champ

Tele-Champ Tele-Holic

The ashtray covers fit vintage or vintage-style bridges. The CV50's has the vintage-style bridge. I ordered the ashtray cover from guitarpartsresources.com for 20 bucks. Fit the CV50's perfectly. I don't use the ashtray cover, however, when I play it. Just thought it'd be cool to have one to put on the guitar when I took pics of it, etc.

Here's the short clip that you asked for. CV50's Vintage Blond plugged straight into '69 Fender Champ. Just guitar to amp with reverb pedal. No pick.

Not trying to show off my guitar playing here! :lol: Just trying to show the different tones of the 3 pickup positions of the CV50's with the '69 Champ. The CV50's is strung with D'Addario 10's.

The Champ is all original (even has the original GE tubes), except for the Weber Sig 8 alnico speaker which I put in after the original Oxford blew.

[​IMG]

12. chabby

chabby Friend of Leo's

I loved your playin too and your whole rockabilly band format.
    Great overall vibe and so tele-iscious too - reminded me of gatton when he made that first record with the same type of band format. The Tele just kills there, but you are tasty player with the right chops to pull it off the way it needs.

I'm kind of toyin with pickin up a 60's rosewood Tele right now. I had a 60's RI MIM a while back and liked the feel. I just didn't like the pickups much and ende up selling it. But now I have a better understanding of why it sounded the way it did, which I don't care much for. I like twangy, but I don't like dead and twangy, or thin and twangy. It's okay for very specialized tunes now and then, but not real useful for what I like.

You are very lucky to have a great band you fit so well.

13. gunzors

gunzors Tele-Meister

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.