1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Telecaster

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by intheblues, Jul 3, 2014.

1. intheblues

intheblues TDPRI Member

Hi all,

I am totally loving this new Classic Vibe Telecaster and I wanted to share this video with you all. This is my second Classic Vibe guitar now as I also own the 60s Stratocaster which sounds and plays really well too. Everything in this video is stock including the thin strings which are about to be replaced. :cool:

Please let me know what you think of the tone. The amp is a Peavey Bandit 112.

These are great instruments and I look forward to using it more and more in the future.

Thanks!

Shane :cool:

2. Ironbird

Ironbird Tele-Holic

Thanks for sharing that, Shane. Lovely little video there, looks like a real fun gig!

The guitar sounds excellent as is. I had the chance to snag one of these but decided against a maple fretboard (I prefer rosewood) and lucked out with a California Series instead.

3. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

Well that was cheatin' 'cause you know how to play really good. ;)

LOL, that was a nice jam. I liked it. Yeah, the Squier CVs are exceptionally nice guitars and Peavey Bandit have been and still are one of Peavey's major success stories in an SS amp as far as I'm concerned.

I love the combination but since I was just playing my Squier CVC through my Roland BC 60 I may be a bit biased towards inexpensive guitars and great sounding SS amps. Probably huh? :D

4. joshote

joshote Tele-Meister

Wow...nice playing and great bar vibes! I have enjoyed your other reviews on Youtube, specifically for the OD3.

5. dman

dman Tele-Afflicted

That CV sounds great! Although I suspect that you could make even the plywood ukulele (with painted palm trees and an embossed plastic fretboard) that my parents gave to me when I was 6 sound pretty good, too....it ain't the arrow, it's the archer!

6. telestratosonic

telestratosonic Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Nice playing. I've had mine for over a year. Great guitar and unbeatable value!

7. catdaddy

catdaddy Tele-Afflicted

Always enjoy your vids Shane. Very nice tone and playing! You had The House rockin'!! I've got a Squier CVC Tele that's the cat's pajamas so I'm not surprised that you're enjoying your CV 50s Tele. Next time you're in Florida let me know, I'd love to come to your jam!!

8. knopflerfan

knopflerfan Tele-Afflicted

Shane, great guitar and, most importantly, great playing. Thanks for sharing.

9. BlueSparkle

BlueSparkle TDPRI Member

Very nice!

You only used the Bandit 112 on this video? Did you switch channels at some point? Just wondering...

10. kend

kend Tele-Meister

Sounds/ looks good Shane.
    Have a great trip!

11. buddhuu

buddhuu Tele-Meister

Nice one!

I have exactly the same set up: CV50 BSB into a Bandit 112. My CV Tele is my main guitar now. The only non-stock items on mine are the string tree (changed to roller) and the output jack cup which I replaced with an electro socket to eliminate that annoying thing where the jack nut works loose.

I love the CV Teles so much that I am actually considering selling my beloved CV50 2TSB Strat and getting another CV Tele - either the VB or the Thinline.

12. mavman

mavman TDPRI Member

Sounds great man.... I love the CVs 50s as well.. I picked one up about 3 weeks ago.

13. Mellencaster

Mellencaster Poster Extraordinaire

That's sound really sweet . The weight of CV is my issues with them ,the ones I've tried were quite hefty and it's the only reason I haven't pulled the trigger to own one yet.

14. intheblues

intheblues TDPRI Member

Howdy guys,

Thanks for all the nice comments :)

I didn't switch any channels I just used the volume control on my guitar to increase the volume/sustain :) It cleans up really well and I think it sounds best on the Middle position for this particular guitar. I may have to adjust the height on the neck slightly but both pickups and the bridge pickup totally rocks.

There's a new classic vibe strat in gold I would love to get but it's only in Right handed :cry:

Thanks all! I appreciate the kind comments.

15. DRFP

DRFP Tele-Holic

Nice Shane! Thanks

16. TeleMan80

TeleMan80 TDPRI Member

I enjoy your videos...they are always interesting!

These teles are exceptional for their value. I had the blonde 50s CV, which I got rid of to make way for another purchase. It hurts since it was my only tele. Hopefully soon I'll be able to get another to fill the tele void. Unfortunately this void is very large! :rolleyes:

I like the jam in your video...GREAT playing!!! :D

17. Lefty Addams

Lefty Addams Tele-Afflicted

I have the self same tele Shane, sounds good to me mate. Fender aren't very good at offering lefties as I'm sure you are aware. But hey, we have to have what we can get eh? good luck with it mate.

18. BlueSparkle

BlueSparkle TDPRI Member

Like you Shane, I've got the Squier CV 50 Telecaster... nice guitar indeed, especially since I've ordered it online and didn't see the actual product (took a chance).

I also have a recent Bandit 112, never thought of giving it a spin with the CV50 Tele.

I might leave it in Open G tuning to play songs by The Black Crowes, mostly...

Enjoy!

19. CWG1972

CWG1972 TDPRI Member

Hi. This is my first post here. I have been looking at getting my first tele and am highly considering one of these. I'm glad to see the positive feedback. I'm considering the CVC or the CV VB. I have a local music store ordering both for me to try.

20. gypsyseven

gypsyseven Friend of Leo's

Pretty cool sound in the video! I'm looking forward to get my CV 50's Tele tomorrow!
    Can't wait to plug it into my AC15C1 and use some of my pedals.....

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.