From reading threads about the Squier Cabronita it seems as if the general feeling is that it's a great guitar for the money but that the bridge is perhaps one of the places where quality has been compromised to hit the price point. So I decided to swap out the standard bridge for the Hardtail hipshot style bridge sold by www.axecaster.co.uk. I thought it might be useful to others to document the process of doing this. It turned out to be a reasonably easy job, even for a total amateur at guitar modding like me! Here's the original bridge: Here’s the Hipshot bridge alongside the original. It’s pretty much the same size, but has three fixing holes under the saddles instead of the five arranged around the edges on the original bridge: After removing the strings and unscrewing the original bridge, we can see the string-through-body holes and the earthing wire that sits under the bridge. Lining up the new bridge over the string-through holes we can see that the new bridge covers the old screw holes quite neatly; there is just enough room for a new screw hole to be drilled for the centre fixing between the old middle screw hole and the string-through holes. I removed the saddles to make it easier to align the new bridge with the string-through holes and mark the positions for drilling the new screw-holes. Tip: drop the old fixing screws into the string-through holes to help keep the new bridge aligned while you mark the body through the three new fixing holes. Find a drill-bit of a suitable size to match the shank of the fixing screw. Mine was a 1/8th inch bit I think, but check it against the screw. Wrap some masking tape around the bit as shown to act as a guide so that you drill into the guitar body only far enough to make a hole for the plain shank of the screw, leaving the threaded section to cut its own hole in the wood: Now drill your three holes keeping the drill as close to vertical as possible: My drill bit was a bit blunt and some of the poly coat chipped off as I was drilling the middle hole but it will be concealed by the new bridge when fitted. Now we can screw the new bridge into place: And finally we can refit the saddles and string up the guitar! As I have only just completed the mod I haven't yet had time to set up the guitar properly and evaluate the benefits of the change - but on looks alone I think it's an improvement! Also it was good that I didn't need to fill any of the original screw holes in order to fit the new bridge, so it would be simple to refit the stock bridge if I wanted to in the future. For folks in the UK, you can get the hardtail hipshot bridge from Axecaster for a very reasonable £18.50.