Squier Bullet Telecaster?

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by old guitar player, Feb 18, 2017.

1. old guitar player

old guitar player Tele-Afflicted

2. jvin248

jvin248 Poster Extraordinaire

I have a main player Bullet Stratocaster, if that helps any. Has really good tone in its single coil pickups (yeah, ceramic, but the tone is great anyway). Mine was MIC; of others I have or have had the Indonesian-built ones are more consistently better, especially the necks. I looked at your listing linked to and did not see country of origin noted, but if you find out Indonesian then your success rate will be much improved. A fret level on a poor one will make it play easy and better than many higher priced guitars. Plan on doing or getting a full setup to make it play the best.

If you get it, also order a 4-way switch to install (gives you series humbucker tones).

old guitar player likes this.
  3. Formerblonde

Formerblonde Tele-Meister

There's one at my local best buy here in Ottawa. The display model has cheese grater fret ends and that's as far as my inspection went. I'm more into the Modern Player tele they have on display...if that was BSB my marriage would be in serious trouble

4. old guitar player

Oh very cool. Yeah I guess they have the old cheese grater frets. I can fix that. I am in Ottawa too! Which store did you see one at? I have yet to try looking for guitars at Best Buy...lol

5. old guitar player

Thanks for the advice! I am very familiar with the Bullet Strat. They are awesome guitars. The bass player in my old band had one and I played it a few times. I believe the previous owner installed a Tusq nut and had it set up. The tuners weren't that great but they have really nice necks and sound really nice.

From what I have read online about the Bullet Tele is that it comes in a full thickness string thru body unlike the Affinity. It might be fun to mod?

6. Formerblonde

Formerblonde Tele-Meister

Saw that one at Coventry road.

7. old guitar player

Thanks! I will go check it out next week. :D

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.