Squier Bass VI

Discussion in 'The BASS Place' started by 0018g, Jan 28, 2014.

1. 0018g

0018g Tele-Meister

Broke down and ordered the Squier Bass VI this morning. Been on the fence, was going to get one for Christmas but they were out of stock. They show the sunburst as in stock at MF, $349 later it's on it's way to me. Thankfully, living only 200 miles from the warehouse it's an overnight journey. Hope I can find a use for it.

2. DADGAD

DADGAD Friend of Leo's

Ordered one in Olympic white before Christmas. The back order slipped twice and is now scheduled to ship in the end of February. Looking forward to seeing your review when it arrives!

3. 0018g

0018g Tele-Meister

I liked the Olympic white better than SB, but my plan is play it a few weeks until the weather warms up and refin it. Fiesta red or seafom green would be pretty cool. Or maybe I'll not like it, which would be less work.....

4. tape

tape Tele-Meister

I ordered one of these (Oly White) in September and it arrived in December. It's a lot of fun!

So far, aside from a bunch of ambient loopy space jams, I've been mostly playing old ideas I came up with on guitar that for whatever reason I never developed into full parts/songs to see if hearing/feeling them a little differently will spark something. I've come up with a couple expanded ideas from those, and while so far they don't "need" to be played on the VI, it's at least been a useful writing tool. I had a jam with a friend the other day where I ended up mostly playing drums all night (the two of us used to be in a couple of bands where I was the drummer so it was a pretty natural move) and he played the VI, and he came up with some really cool things that we might be able to do something with.

5. 0018g

0018g Tele-Meister

It's a strange beast. Neither fish nor fowl. You can use it as a bass through a bass amp, but you about have to flat pick it-not enough space for fingers. I haven't plugged it into a guitar amp yet. Single note lines up the neck sound pretty cool. I like the strangle switch. Perhaps tomorrow I'll play it more extensively.

6. Doug 54

Doug 54 Poster Extraordinaire

These FINALLY fill a needed for good very affordable VI'ers, so you don't have to butcher
    short scale 4 string basses like me!!

The musical possibilities are unlimited: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdy6j1uhk30

7. 0018g

0018g Tele-Meister

I think Fender underestimated the need, cause they are darned hard to get. MF is out of the SB again-as well as the others.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.