Spring Training Tigers vs Yankees

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Stubee, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Stubee

Stubee Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

It was on my wife’s bucket list so off we went to Joker Marchant field. I bought her tickets as a surprise before we headed south. The Tigers hammered the Yankees 10-5 in a rain shortened game that surprised me with a Tigers roster of which I knew nearly every player, while most of the Yankees were new to me. A lotta fun like all baseball games. 7157D005-2887-44E8-A07C-BFD097150F30.jpeg

Got to see Cabrera lace one to the RF corner on his first at bat. Easy double (at least) for a fast runner but Miggy barely beat the throw in and I feared for his body when he slid. His next at bat was a ball to left center that looked like it would clear but was just short. The Tigers also produced a grand slam to much acclaim. 6E22AE5A-D2D6-47DB-9997-F9FE0055601C.jpeg
    63439AC0-1BAC-4F4A-B262-138B701B0BDE.jpeg
    My wife didn’t get autographs coming in and was frustrated by security shooing her away from the dugout. When they told her to stay inside the yellow line at the entranceway her rebel spirit finally kicked in. 862B83CE-7562-4644-B3F7-9254231C5FDD.jpeg B1C178C8-D240-478C-8071-178295CC1C3F.jpeg 28906C63-7B01-40FD-8061-8618BB28195A.jpeg

VWAmTele, drf64, Mike Eskimo and 4 others like this.
  2. Tommy Biggs

Tommy Biggs Friend of Leo's

Awesome. Baseball like it oughta be! Well except for the rain part...

Stubee likes this.
  3. teletimetx

teletimetx Doctor of Teleocity

sounds like a great day at the ball park!

without putting too fine a point on it, kind of wondering just what Mrs. Stubee found so fascinating to take picture of the dugout...perhaps, it's just a coincidence!

Ms Stubee at Tiger spring bench shot.jpeg

Stubee and Chip like this.
  4. cj11l

cj11l Tele-Meister

Spring training games are fun----have seen the Tigers a few times in Clearwater also...another neat stadium

Stubee likes this.
  5. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Looove when the grapefruit play starts .

Have never been down for spring games though.

Seems like you and the Mrs had a great time.

All the players who have come and gone while Miggy’s been there... :eek: ...as long as he still contributes... but then again - he’s too old to be much value on the open market - isn’t he ?

Stubee likes this.
  6. Ira7

Ira7 Doctor of Teleocity

The Yankees moved their training from Ft. Lauderdale the year I moved here, so I never got to a spring training game.

I had friends in NYC who would fly down every year because you could literally touch the players and BS with them.

I was never that big a fan, but that sounds cool to me.

Stubee likes this.
  7. brokenbones

brokenbones Tele-Meister

I'm upset at the lack of spring training games being televised. I can only hear about someone's hand size so many times...

Stubee likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.