Spotify Playlist of B Bender Tunes

ChrisLarcombe

Tele-Meister
I have compiled a B Bender Playlist on Spotify....called On A Bender:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6VFmyC2acXoPaVd2CudjRH?si=fd28156983864885
Yo, thank you so much for adding my tunes man! Big up

sick playlist also! One thing though..Clarence actually didn’t have a bender when he was playing in Nashville West! It’s one thing that makes his playing even more impressive on that record. I’ve rinsed it so hard it’s like second nature to me. Thanks again!

Nishplayer

Tele-Meister
Yo, thank you so much for adding my tunes man! Big up

sick playlist also! One thing though..Clarence actually didn’t have a bender when he was playing in Nashville West! It’s one thing that makes his playing even more impressive on that record. I’ve rinsed it so hard it’s like second nature to me. Thanks again!

Realized that and have removed Nashville West stuff....and nearing 100 even without....your music rocks

Nishplayer

Tele-Meister
134 B Bender Guitar Licks. Beginning with the Byrds live version of You Ain't Going Nowhere....ending with more of Clarence White's best B Bender work, from (Untitled)/(Unissued) and Dr. Byrd and Mr. Hyde.....with other great bender licks in between, such as from Albert Lee, Marty Stuart, and Will Ray.

Last edited:

Don Miller

Tele-Afflicted
Another minor correction...."Box of Rain" does not have a string bender on it...the song was recorded in 1970...before anyone was installing string benders...despite what the insert to the expanded addition of "American Beauty" might say. The tune does lay well on a string bender tho....

David Nelson did start using one later on.

Nishplayer

Tele-Meister
Another minor correction...."Box of Rain" does not have a string bender on it...the song was recorded in 1970...before anyone was installing string benders...despite what the insert to the expanded addition of "American Beauty" might say. The tune does lay well on a string bender tho....

David Nelson did start using one later on.

Thanks for that catch re Box of Rain.....so deleted and added Too Much Of A Good Thing by Alan Jackson (great bender opening).

Great discussion on David Nelson's Tele....bender or benderless....see NRPS David Nelson's Bender Tele | Telecaster Guitar Forum (tdpri.com)

Dave Evans also posted on TDPRI about the PullString: Orginal Pull String | Telecaster Guitar Forum (tdpri.com). Dave Evans was the first to really install benders....and did so until Gene Parsons started doing so as well (as Dave states in his forum discussions Gene asked Dave to stop installing benders)

Last edited:

Nishplayer

Tele-Meister
ok now sitting at 195....I'm going to stop at 200....so 5 to go....any suggestions? and let me know if something doesn't belong on this? I admit I've probably gone right round the bend....probably totally bent in fact lol....

Nishplayer

Tele-Meister
OK hit 212....added 4 Mudcrutch tunes....and all of Mike Breen's B Bender instrumental album....that is it for now....just over 13 hours by 1 min....that is like going on a double bender lol

Last edited:

T Prior

Poster Extraordinaire
Really nice play list , I 'm really enjoying it ! ! Maybe consider this one ? It would be quite an honor to be part of the B Bender club

(A shameless plug)

B-Simple - An original B Bender Instrumental tune ( copyright 2020, T Prior)

Last edited:

Nishplayer

Tele-Meister
Really nice play list , I 'm really enjoying it ! ! Maybe consider this one ? It would be quite an honor to be part of the B Bender club

(A shameless plug)

B-Simple - An original B Bender Instrumental tune ( copyright 2020, T Prior)

Great tune....but all on list are on Spotify....couldn't find you on there....

Tele-Meister
Cool list. I just signed up for Spotify to check it out.

I hate to say it but I don’t believe Page used a StringBender on Ten Years Gone. I understand the string is being pulled behind the fret. He did use a bender when he played it live. The irony for me here is I bought my first Nashville Bender…to play Ten Years Gone.

I’m pretty sure you’ll find a bender on The Firm.

Nishplayer

Tele-Meister
B Bender Guitar Licks. With great bender licks from Albert Lee, Marty Stuart, Forrest Lee Junior, Mike Breen and Will Ray.....played on recordings from Linda Ronstadt, Alan Jackson, The Eagles, Emmy Lou Harris and more....ending with Clarence White's work as a Byrd (mostly on the B Bender).

A total of 256 songs for about 15 hours of B Bender listening.