Spot of tea anyone?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by zooropamofo, Jan 22, 2012.

1. wemedge

wemedge TDPRI Member

Maple flavored tea is good.

2. DrumBob

DrumBob -------------------------

My daughter works in a tea shop in the local mall, and while my wife and I have always been tea drinkers, the offspring has introduced us to many new flavors of tea, as well as brewing it in a spoon-like object that holds loose tea. I have discovered I like a form of Chai Matte (I can't remember the full name). Having a kid who works in a tea store, we can get whatever we want. Otherwise, I usually drink cinnamon tea or Constant Comment. The wife drinks old fashioned Lipton in the bag, which my daughter calls "dust."
    BORING. :confused:

3. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

Don't forget.. Everything Stops for Tea...;)

4. Deadcenter

Deadcenter Tele-Meister

My favorite is Arizona Black and White Iced Tea

5. Aiden

Aiden Tele-Meister

Mango green or maple tea are my teas of choice.

6. ozmusicrocks

ozmusicrocks TDPRI Member

I love a good tea and although I'm probably not an expert maker, I'm a fussy drinker and have found a total of one person that could make me a tea that I was happy with

7. Westerly Sunn

Westerly Sunn Poster Extraordinaire

I like herbal and real teas. :lol:

Like my coffee; no sugar, no milk... unless it's just for fun, then anything goes!

A good strong black tea is my favorite.

8. Nick Fanis

Nick Fanis Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

9. Balou

Balou Tele-Meister

When I was younger , here in Belgium , tea was something you drank when you were ill , hence the joke: "do you want a cup of tea? " " No thanks I feel well "
    Nowadays tea is very much to the taste of the day, and lot of diffent sorts are available . Although I'm basically a coffee drinker, I can certainly enjoy a cup of good black or green tea. We drink our tea without milk or cream however....

10. jjkrause84

jjkrause84 Poster Extraordinaire

I find this is a generational assertion. Among young people the ONLY way to do tea is in a cup. It is easier to control the outcome, and everyone can enjoy different strengths/kinds of tea. I'm not forced to have Yorkshire, my housemate from Sheffield doesn't have to have Tetley's.

11. jjkrause84

jjkrause84 Poster Extraordinaire

Ah, I should say.....

There is NOTHING a good cuppa can't make better!

12. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

The tea bag dunking time is inconsistently measured around here... and quite flexible...

. at times the damn mug is cold and well black when I remember that I poured a cuppa some time ago....dohh.... That's right! I knew there was something else I was doing...

mmm.. cold black tea... not so bad in summer...

13. mattdean4130

mattdean4130 Tele-Afflicted

Black with honey and ginger.

14. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

When I was an apprentice many, many moons ago I was given the job of making the morning pot of tea for the office. The procedure for making the pot went thusly;

1. Empty the pot of tea leaves from the previous brew.
    2. Rinse and warm the pot by adding a quantity of hot water from the electric urn.
    3. Drain the pot and add 1 teaspoon of tea leaves for each person, and "one for the pot" (This was important)
    4. Fill the pot with hot water from the electric urn.
    5. Swish the pot around a bit, not too much.
    6. Sit the pot down and turn once clockwise and once anti-clockwise then bang the pot down on the counter once.
    7. Serve into heated cups for each person.

We had a sterling silver (or silver plated) tea pot, and I did this job every working day for 4 years and never received a complaint from anyone about the way the tea was made.

15. DeepDrummer

DeepDrummer Former Member

For green Tea it's Rasberry Thriller
    For regular Tea Tetly is one of the best in the reasonable price range. Ready in seconds too. I like that.

16. w3stie

w3stie Poster Extraordinaire

Good to see the old ways being maintained ;) Of course in the Northern Hemisphere, you turn anti-clockwise first. :D

17. gusironside

gusironside Tele-Meister

A vital component of tea-making is the quality of the water; this is why tea invariably tastes disgusting in London, where the water is vey "hard" (ie it ha a high mineral content- just look at the inside of a kettle in London!).

Soft water, as found in many parts of Scotland, makes for a lovely cup of tea.

One other item of Tea Trivia- I had to assemble the rider for an Elvis Costello in-store appearance once; at that time, Elvis's favourite pre-gig tipple was Red Zinger herbal tea sweetened with natural honey.

18. Jared Purdy

Jared Purdy Friend of Leo's

I use to be a coffee addict, I mean there was a point where I was drinking 6 cups a day, and then I got dow to two, thought they were big ones. And then one day I found that I had completely lost my taste for it. We usually have really nice coffee in the house, as my wife is Jamaican, and Jamaica produces what is possibly the best cooffee in the world. In fact, she's drinking Blue Mountain coffee as I type this ($40lb in Toronto). I have the rare cup, but 99% of the time it is tea. I really like herbal teas, and that is what I usually have. I like Celestial Seasonings teas, and we have a new chain of tea stores around here called "Teaopia" (they might be local, or they might be US based??). They have some fantastic chai varieties.

19. stephent2

stephent2 Poster Extraordinaire

Thanks you'all, I'm off to brew me a cup. I've been diggin' Tao teas lately and I'm always up for some Chai.

20. KevinB

KevinB Doctor of Teleocity

As much as I fuss over coffee - I buy green beans and roast them myself, use a burr grinder, French press, etc. - in reality I only drink about 4 or 5 cups of it a week. But I grew up in England drinking tea and still drink about 4 cups of it a day, and I don't fuss over it much at all.

I like strong, black, English style teas (Tetley's British Blend is my "house standard" since I can't seem to find Marks & Spencer's Extra Strong any more in the US), I make it in a warmed pot, and drink it in a mug with a little milk but never any sugar.

I hate herbal, flavoured teas (even the bergamot in Earl Gray is a bit much for me) but I do like some green, Japanese teas - sencha and genmai. They're very soothing and relaxing.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.