Sports fan? Who is your team no matter what? Show your team colors!

HoodieMcFoodie

Telefied
Ad Free Member
St. George Illawarra Dragons - Wikipedia

The St. George Illawarra Dragons, whose unofficial slogan is "There's always next year"

<Edit> Also consistently quoted as being "The Best Team On Paper". Too bad they play on turf. </Edit>

lil scotty

Tele-Holic
Milwaukee Bucks!

Basically 3/4 of my wardrobe is Bucks stuff.
View attachment 944380
I think my Suns are going to get you this time. We got the big men now, just need them to have the courage to draw a charge or two from YA. He made Ayton look like a wimp. Great series and congratulations! Hard not to like YA. The fact that he was healthy enough to play at all is a minor miracle.

Skully

Doctor of Teleocity
And you said “no matter what “ and that is a big deal. Because if you are genuinely a fan you know the team doesn’t owe you and you cheer for them and not the result. Good thread.

The team does owe me. It exists to entertain me. If it gives you pleasure to be do-or-die, then, by all means, be do-or-die. I can turn it on or off. When the UCLA Bruins basketball team is hot, as they are now, I follow them. When they're not, I check in on them every now and then. I go to many Dodgers games each year. They've been consistently good for a good while now, so it's been engaging. But when the season ends, I wipe my hands and forget about them till the next season ramps up again.

At the end of the day, it's a logo.

naveed211

Friend of Leo's
I think my Suns are going to get you this time. We got the big men now, just need them to have the courage to draw a charge or two from YA. He made Ayton look like a wimp. Great series and congratulations! Hard not to like YA. The fact that he was healthy enough to play at all is a minor miracle.
You guys have a really nice team. Obviously it worked out in the end, but I REALLY wanted to trade for CP3 when he was available, he transforms teams as you now are experiencing.

See you for the finals rematch!

Ron R

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
This is about "team colors"... do you really want to go there? When the Pens ditched their teal and copied the Bruins' Black and Gold? The ensuing lawsuits?

(Just kidding! Pens are solid)
You guys still whining about that? 🤪
🤪😜😝

jman72

Friend of Leo's
Since the Cardiac Pack and Jimmy V won it all in '83. Used to be a rabid fan (especially during my days there in the early '90s), but more of a casual watcher now (especially since they perpetually under-perform in every sport. But they'll always be my team.

ncsu.jpg

Midgetje94

Friend of Leo's
I’m a born and raised Astros fan. Not proud of their later seasons. But stand by my boys. Really got into them myself back in 2004? 2005? The height of the Bagwell, Biggio, Berkman, Oswalt. You remember. “The Good Guys” we can forget Rodgers and Pettite, they went back to the Yanks and got busted for the roids lol.

I miss Junction Jack. Not a fan of Orbit

catdaddy

Tele-Afflicted
This is about "team colors"... do you really want to go there? When the Pens ditched their teal and copied the Bruins' Black and Gold? The ensuing lawsuits?

(Just kidding! Pens are solid)
Sorry, I can understand the Bruins resentment with the Penguins stealing their colors, but they've punished the Pens for decades on the ice as revenge, and in the 2012-2013 Eastern Conference Final delivered probably the worst beat down in a playoff series that the Pens have ever suffered (4-0, with the Pens scoring a grand total of 2 goals in the series-yipes!). No hard feelings, but you have to admit the Pens unis look better in black and gold than they ever did in their original blue and white (see my old fave player Jean Pronovost below).
nhlchecking1wx.gif

s-l400.jpg